Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least the yellow pad's match the yellow line's. :D Nice car

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.29.14 AM.png

Reactions: kpeng
I like the mods a lot. If I redo the suspension, I'd raise the rear 1/2 inch from what you've done. It looks great, but a titch too low for me. I especially like the artistry of the shot where the front wheel is on the yellow line with the yellow brakes showing. The whole thing looks very clean.

• Love
I like the mods a lot. If I redo the suspension, I'd raise the rear 1/2 inch from what you've done. It looks great, but a titch too low for me. I especially like the artistry of the shot where the front wheel is on the yellow line with the yellow brakes showing. The whole thing looks very clean.

The photos make the rear look a tad lower than it is. There's still something of a gap without wheel tuck.

If you think this is "ricer", I cannot help you. Lowering a car doesn't make it "rice"

You must be a strictly-missionary guy.

Fun fact - i took delivery at the Hawthorne Design Studio during the end of Q3 2018 madness and one of the designers for the car was the one who "showed me around" it. He gave some cool background info on various design decisions, but the one item that really stuck with me was that he 100% recommended lowering the car ~1" to make it look best. Said it was sitting where it was more for legality than pure aesthetics.

Now if you're slamming the car on bags, that's a different story entirely.

• Love
I am kpeng. I make cars pretty. I hope these photos bring you pleasure, immense and passionate pleasure deep inside your loins.

May your cobalt harvests be bountiful this winter's solstice.

View attachment 514333 View attachment 514334
Looks great, because I like the turbine rims, don’t care for white, but the yellow brakes makes it look good, only issue I see is how low it looks from the floor.

Fred

Not a big fan of your responses on here but I dig the car which is what this post is about. Care to post all the mods you’ve done?

20" EVTuningDirect Wheels in Staggered Fitment
235/35/20 and 275/30/20 Yokohama Advan Apex V601 Tires
H&R Sport Springs
Nikola Pro Gloss Black Trim
Nikola Pro CF Interior Wrap
15% Tint all around/80% Tint on windshield
VHT Yellow Painted Calipers
Yellow Tinted Fogs
IKON Motorsports CF Front Lip
IKON Motorsports CF Trunk Spoiler
Front End PPF
Ceramic Coating

Fun fact - i took delivery at the Hawthorne Design Studio during the end of Q3 2018 madness and one of the designers for the car was the one who "showed me around" it. He gave some cool background info on various design decisions, but the one item that really stuck with me was that he 100% recommended lowering the car ~1" to make it look best. Said it was sitting where it was more for legality than pure aesthetics.

Interesting. I assume this is lowered more than an inch (not viable for the roads around me!). Does anyone have pics of a 1" lowered M3?

20" EVTuningDirect Wheels in Staggered Fitment
235/35/20 and 275/30/20 Yokohama Advan Apex V601 Tires
H&R Sport Springs
Nikola Pro Gloss Black Trim
Nikola Pro CF Interior Wrap
15% Tint all around/80% Tint on windshield
VHT Yellow Painted Calipers
Yellow Tinted Fogs
IKON Motorsports CF Front Lip
IKON Motorsports CF Trunk Spoiler
Front End PPF
Ceramic Coating
Jeez rears are much wider. I’ve been wondering what range hit I’d get if I did the same thing, have you noticed a difference? I heard tinted windshield may mess up the front autopilot cameras.

solid looking car for sure, only thing I would personally change are the yellow foglights.

Jeez rears are much wider. I’ve been wondering what range hit I’d get if I did the same thing, have you noticed a difference? I heard tinted windshield may mess up the front autopilot cameras.

solid looking car for sure

These cars are made to fit a big tire in the rear, but people complaining about range caused them to go square. The range is affected maybe 10% if that. It's irrelevant if you're doing mostly city driving. The performance and looks are far more important.

And no, the windshield does not affect the camera in any way. I can see that happening if you go with a 30% or lower tint, which no one should do on their windshield anyways.

These cars are made to fit a big tire in the rear, but people complaining about range caused them to go square.

Normally, it’s people complaining about understeer that causes them to go square. Well, anyone that can drive properly and understands vehicle dynamics.

if you're doing mostly city driving. The performance and looks are far more important.

How fast do you drive in the city?

People noticing you have big rear tyres is important to you?

Seriously though, I think your car looks great.

Normally, it’s people complaining about understeer that causes them to go square. Well, anyone that can drive properly and understands vehicle dynamics.

How fast do you drive in the city?

People noticing you have big rear tyres is important to you?

Seriously though, I think your car looks great.

I would agree, but most Tesla owners are deeply deeply concerned with range.

I get on the freeway most days on my way to work, I generally hit 90-100mph there and anywhere between 35 to 65 mph on the city streets.

It's not that people noticing I have big rear tires is important to me, it's that I believe it looks far better.