Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forbes: Tesla’s Electric Semi Is Almost Here, But Elon Musk Hasn’t Shared Some Heavy Details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He seems to back his numbers up with other publications. So I’d say better than “useless”.

Maybe useless was not the correct phrase.

When you are off on each variable in your equation by 10-50%, your result in the end is going to be way off.

His numbers are way off. I know this because I've ran trucks for years and can see the gaps in not only the numbers, but also the logic of someone that doesn't know trucking.

Maybe useless was not the correct phrase.

When you are off on each variable in your equation by 10-50%, your result in the end is going to be way off.

His numbers are way off. I know this because I've ran trucks for years and can see the gaps in not only the numbers, but also the logic of someone that doesn't know trucking.
Ok thanks.

I cannot refute that as I have never ran a trucking company.

I would assume these people have ran the numbers:

Especially companies like UPS that supposedly ordered 125 of them.

Again, maybe only works due to subsidies, can’t say for sure.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Obviously some think it’s worth it. Maybe only because of the subsidies? Not sure.

But I remember some people saying Hertz buying EVs were a waste. It seems they are pleased with decreased maintenance, etc.

Time will tell.

That's another topic and I don't know the answer except to say that EVs are only for me because I can charge at home. I would not want to rent one personally while in a different city.

If I was an Uber driver I would definitely set up a charging station at home and use the Uber plan to rent Teslas as it sounds like a real bargain.

What maintenance? Their cars are brand new, under warranty, and sold by the time they hit 15K miles. I don't think that they even change the oil on them and if they do, they have a mobile crew do it on site for nearly nothing.

That's another topic and I don't know the answer except to say that EVs are only for me because I can charge at home. I would not want to rent one personally while in a different city.

If I was an Uber driver I would definitely set up a charging station at home and use the Uber plan to rent Teslas as it sounds like a real bargain.

What maintenance? Their cars are brand new, under warranty, and sold by the time they hit 15K miles. I don't think that they even change the oil on them and if they do, they have a mobile crew do it on site for nearly nothing.
I’ve traveled much of the US and Canada in my Model S and enjoy it with the supercharger network. Makes it easy. I’d also have no issue with renting a Tesla in another city either.

But of course the superchargers aren’t enough for the semis at this time.

Being able to charge at home is definitely nice and I probably wouldn’t own one either without it.

As far as hertz maintenance savings, here’s some info on it:

Reactions: Suns_PSD
I’ve traveled much of the US and Canada in my Model S and enjoy it with the supercharger network. Makes it easy. I’d also have no issue with renting a Tesla in another city either.

But of course the superchargers aren’t enough for the semis at this time.

Being able to charge at home is definitely nice and I probably wouldn’t own one either without it.

As far as hertz maintenance savings, here’s some info on it:

I always appreciate real world experience combined with factual articles.

Thanks!

Reactions: SO16