Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Force charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
In the olden days, you'd simply force charging by removing the charge connector and reapplying it. Not anymore.

Model X (Model S also does this) has 100 pct range of 266, current range of 241, but when you plug it in, it still says "charge complete". I need those final 25 mi (10 pct roughly) for a road trip to reduce chance of needing to stop.

Any tips for forcing a charge when car does this? I tried moving the charge slider around, replugging the car, and a reboot. No luck.

I swear Tesla makes these cars worse all the time by trying to make them better.

Screenshot_20210731-161908_Tesla.jpg

Have you tried, lowering the charge level, below the current level of charge, then raising it? If that doesn't work, lower it, force quit the app and try raising it again. The same might be tried from the touchscreen.
Doesn't matter if you lower/raise the charging at all, I've moved it to 50 pct and back again in the car and the app.

I’ve seen this problem. I think I needed to switch screens in the app (either back to the main screen or to controls or something like that) and come back to the charging screen. The right controls showed up after that.

Bruce.

I eventually got it to work by setting climate to HI, draining it to 236, then set it back to 100 pct. The car is stupidly waiting until it drops below 90 percent before it will allow the car to charge again.

Just when I think Tesla has a freaking clue, they do something so stupid like this.