Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Fusion Energi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 Ford Hybrids right now. They are the best cars I ever had (and I have had Acura in the past). The person ripping the Ford has no idea what he is talking about. I am looking forward to the Model S. But, that is no reflection on what I have now. The Ford Fusion Hybrid I have has had zero repairs. My wife's Mercury Mariner Hybrid had one repair. The horn started to sound funny so they replaced it. Both have more than 30,000 miles. Get your facts straight. Ford makes a good product. If there was no Tesla, I would be putting a deposit on the 2013 Fusion Energi.

This is supposed to be the Model S forum anyway but I think this looks like an interesting car. Ford has definitely done the best recently out of the big 3 in terms of creating more fuel efficient cars and not requiring federal funds to say in business.

The person ripping the Ford has no idea what he is talking about. ... Get your facts straight. Ford makes a good product.

Uh, I gave you the facts, straight, buddy. This was my own personal experience with them. Maybe Ford has improved their products, maybe they haven't, but they sold me an unforgivable mess. I bought it new and traded it after 1.5 years at a big loss because I was so frustrated with it. I brought it to the dealer about twice a month, always with at least half a dozen problems to be fixed, and they never fixed more than one or two on a visit. Here is a partial list of the problems:

- Transmission disintegrated the very first week, out of commission for three weeks
- Dealership reassembled the transmission incorrectly, denied anything wrong with it until I insisted the Ford rep look at it
- Fuel injection system completely failed on the highway, had to be towed to the dealer
- Rain leaked into cabin
- Gas tank leaked
- Engine oil leaked (notice a pattern here???)
- Gas pedal broke
- Front sway bar fell off (right side only... stayed on the vehicle fortunately)
- Catalytic converter heat shield broke loose (vibration on acceleration was so LOUD it scared pedestrians... and they didn't fix it on the first visit either!!!!)
- Rear brakes often locked up with a light touch on the pedal, usually causing the car to lurch sideways; Ford said there was nothing they could do about it
- Front passenger electric window failed
- Electric locks failed
- Lots more small stuff

These are FACTS. All of the maintenance records are still in a box in my basement.

move this to other electric vehicles.

I am happy to see ford making strives to electrify it's fleet. In fact, by the end of 2012/early 2013 Ford will have more plug-ins in its line up than any other car co. Ford will have 3, Toyota 1(2 if you count the rav4ev) Nissan will have 1, Chevy will have 1, Mitzu has 1.

IMHO If Ford stole the FFH nose from Tesla Model S, then Tesla stole it from Ashton Martin.

In fact, by the end of 2012/early 2013 Ford will have more plug-ins in its line up than any other car co. Ford will have 3, Toyota 1(2 if you count the rav4ev) Nissan will have 1, Chevy will have 1, Mitzu has 1.

Funny that you state as a fact what actually is the future. And still it's wrong by any measure. Renault/Nissan has the LEAF plus a lineup of another 4 electric vehicles. They call them Renault Z.E. (zero emission) which is french for zero emission - so I can see why you didn't note them. But I go astray... That makes 5 plugins. On another measure, Tesla has 100% of its cars plugin. The only point where Ford has the lead is the $4b loan for development of fuel efficient vehicles.

Last edited:
Funny that you state as a fact what actually is the future. And still it's wrong by any measure. Renault/Nissan has the LEAF plus a lineup of another 4 electric vehicles. They call them Renault Z.E. (zero emission) which is french for zero emission - so I can see why you didn't note them. But I go astray... That makes 5 plugins. On another measure, Tesla has 100% of it's cars plugin. The only point where Ford has the lead is with the $4b loan for development of fuel efficient vehicles.

What are the other 4 electric vehicles? I count only the LEAF. everything else is speculation/concept at this point. All of ford's plugin will be in production by late 2012-early 2013. Where are the other Nissan Electric Vehicles? When do they go into production? 2014. I should have quantified it as by next year.

2012-04-05 15.24.04.jpg
2012-04-05 15.24.11.jpg
2012-04-05 15.24.21.jpg
2012-04-05 15.24.34.jpg
2012-04-05 15.24.38.jpg
2012-04-05 15.24.45.jpg
2012-04-05 15.24.54.jpg
2012-04-05 15.25.20.jpg

I think Ford and Toyota (with the plug-in Prius) are making a misjudgment by limiting the EV mode to 62mph (100kmph) or less. They should have tweaked it for U.S. markets to allow cruising at 65mph.

Toyota does this so that MG1 won't overspeed and self-destruct. MG1 has a limit of about 10,000 RPM. I don't know if that limit is increased in the PiP. In Texas the speed limit was raised to 80 mph on many highways so 62, 65, or 70 doesn't make a lot of difference.

Got my 2015 Energi in October 2015. I agree with reviews and comments. It's good looking, well appointed, drives as forgivingly and precisely as my previous Audi A4. Living in the Sierras mileage is very good - mid 40s.. BUT 13 times I've approached my car after 5-10 days of non-use and discovered the battery (in the trunk) that energizes the car's systems had drained and so spent 6 hours charging instead. Ford did one stupid thing - no key lock on the trunk lid nor emergency release to the passenger compartment. So dead battery no trunk - so like me you'll be carrying extension cable, battery charger and your chargepoint cable in the passenger compartment at all times. I haven't noticed degradation of the lithium batteries that run the wheels but my battery charger has noticed maybe corrosion issues with the battery post and or cable under the hood to the system 12v battery in the trunk which is inaccessible, when I plug the charger after clamping to the terminal postsit now goes into "battery fail" mode. My neighbor tried his with the same result. The car was towed last night to the dealership where the service staff told me "oh these cars have to be driven every two or three days - the Toyotas and Hondas are like that too". Well I wish the Sales staff had told me that back in 2015 - I would have bought something else. When I told them I was going overseas for two months their response was that I might want to disconnect the Positive cable from the battery when I leave. So I bought a $40,000.00 car to find myself having to fidget with battery cables in the dark and cold in the middle of the night while my suitcases lay soaking in the rain at the long-term parking lot of the airport. The staff seemed incredulous that I would abandon my car for 2 months and not baby it as I should with a good dose of voltage every two days. Well I say NO but hell NO to the automotive industry and this technology. Put a master 'kill switch' on the dash, put a damn keylock back on the trunk lid. Any body got a good old reliable car to sell me?