Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Mach-e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was not aware of that, thanks for that info.
You are correct Ford didn't immediately took advantage of the TARP program and didn't declare bankruptcy. They were (and are) on a more solid footing than GM and Chrysler/Fiat and have been able to avoid bankruptcy by taking a BIG loan from the government. By that time the credit rating of Ford was so low, that no one but the government would provide such a loan to Ford, so effectively it is a bailout, but through different budgetary mechanisms and without bankruptcy. An interesting aspect of that loan and TARP talks with Ford was that Ford promised to introduce electric vehicles to the market and reduce emissions of the rest of its fleet by mid 2010th.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
An interesting aspect of that loan and TARP talks with Ford was that Ford promised to introduce electric vehicles to the market and reduce emissions of the rest of its fleet by mid 2010th.

Thank you Elon and Tesla for pushing us into the future.

I can't get behind any of these legacy auto makers, where is the innovation? Lazy bastards have been dragging their feet for decades.

Reactions: Kandiru
Ford's future of infotainment will run on Google's Android

Ford's betting big on Android to power its future in-car technologies. On Monday, the automaker announced a new partnership with Google that will see the tech giant's Android operating system power future Ford vehicles. The digital experience will begin rolling out to new Ford and Lincoln cars in 2023 and provide Google services built directly into the car. For Blackberry faithful, that means saying goodbye to QNX, which powered Sync for years now.

So they are already sunsetting the infotainment system they just built for the Mach-E?

Reactions: RNHurt
Wow.. I bet this will be triggering many questions from Mach-E reservation holders.

Did they even start delivering them in volume?
Did early reviews force them to make this drastic decision to head-off owner complaints?

Oh... Ford started to deliver some Mach-E according to me reading macheforum.com and the results are ... mixed ... sometimes. They already have known issues of (1) Android Auto not working with some (many) phones; (2) WiFi connection issues; (3) some phones (many) don't work as a car key; (4) problems activating Ford's discount rate payment on EA, so some pay at $0.43/kWh which is a shocker for new happy Ford EV owners considering its inefficient energy use (like 2x more expensive than an ICE car on trips).

A lot of fun ahead ....

I can't get behind any of these legacy auto makers, where is the innovation? Lazy bastards have been dragging their feet for decades.

Today, while driving, I listened on NPR to a brief discussion about GM's announcement they plan to sell no ICE vehicles by 2035. The commenters were playing a shock, like, "wow, they are moving so fast, just in 15 years, would other car manufacturers be able to follow GM's lead?" At this point I closed my eyes and ears (good Tesla has the Autopilot). If Tesla and VW are serious about their EV volumes by 2030, then GM is all but guaranteed to make no ICE vehicles by 2035, it will make no more vehicles at all.

Considering Ford's finances and corporate culture, I begin suspecting that Ford is simply incapable to scale up profitable EV production, and that they made the Mach-E to establish themselves as an also-EV-manufacturer before getting acquired by Tesla. By the way, I also think that Ford's plans for F-150 EV are a commercial and marketing joke.

Did they even start delivering them in volume?

Here are the news:
Ford has delivered 238 Mach-E in January.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-s-sales-and-production-stats-238-4-250.3114/

Where are the articles screaming "Broken promises", "Ford has production hell after all", "Missing targets", "Is Ford hiding serious issues with the vehicle?", "Ford invented mass production of the cars, not Ford fails it", etc.

To be fair, considering their 4250 vehicle production in January, it amounts to 51000 annual rate. So, they still are on target with production technically.

• Informative
Reactions: mark95476
Today, while driving, I listened on NPR to a brief discussion about GM's announcement they plan to sell no ICE vehicles by 2035. The commenters were playing a shock, like, "wow, they are moving so fast, just in 15 years, would other car manufacturers be able to follow GM's lead?" At this point I closed my eyes and ears (good Tesla has the Autopilot). If Tesla and VW are serious about their EV volumes by 2030, then GM is all but guaranteed to make no ICE vehicles by 2035, it will make no more vehicles at all.

Considering Ford's finances and corporate culture, I begin suspecting that Ford is simply incapable to scale up profitable EV production, and that they made the Mach-E to establish themselves as an also-EV-manufacturer before getting acquired by Tesla. By the way, I also think that Ford's plans for F-150 EV are a commercial and marketing joke.

This is an interesting take. Pretty far out there, IMO.

Here are the news:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-s-sales-and-production-stats-238-4-250.3114/

Where are the articles screaming "Broken promises", "Ford has production hell after all", "Missing targets", "Is Ford hiding serious issues with the vehicle?", "Ford invented mass production of the cars, not Ford fails it", etc.

To be fair, considering their 4250 vehicle production in January, it amounts to 51000 annual rate. So, they still are on target with production technically.

Not quite sure of your point here. Ford MASSIVELY screwed up the launch of the Lincoln Aviator and Ford Explorer. Two hugely important vehicles for them. They know they can't repeat that, and likely are taking it slow.

Are you really doubting Ford's ability to make and sell these cars in the long run as posted in your quote above? I really think you are off base if that's your point.

Thanks for the update.

Here are the news:

Staggered delayed technology introduction, "Helly Billy Joe, why don't we save that one for the next model year?"...and the board
claps unanimously while trade union bosses collect millions convincing the workforce to resist changes in the manufacturing process.

Ha ha ha.. :confused:

Ford's Mach-E "under specs" official fkuc-you response.

Tesla: "within spec"
Ford: "under specs"

Ford and the other major OEMs generally just buy stuff from their suppliers' catalogs and integrate it. Anything goes wrong and they point to their suppliers and throw their hands-up. Tesla does actual design and engineering so you can hold their feet to the fire.

Ha ha ha.. :confused:

Ford's Mach-E "under specs" official fkuc-you response.

To me, here are the advantages of the Ford:
  • Better build quality. This is not yet known for sure, but it has to be better than Tesla. At least Ford does dealer prep - where the dealer looks at the car before delivering it. Seems Tesla expects the customer to do this review - thus the checklists.
Take a peak at the Mach-e forum where they discuss the "better build quality"

Issues, Warranty, Recalls, TSB

I think you will find it mostly contains the Ford "Quality is Job 1" good 'ol college try.

This most recent post, proves your point about the dealer "looking" at the car prior to delivering.

I went to pick up my Mach-E today and found this...

• Informative
Reactions: gavine and alexgr
Even the drive mode selector knob on a couple Mach-e's have cracked

Reactions: alexgr
Ford Dealership adds $10,000 Markup for Mustang E

IMG_3995.JPG

Reactions: El joe
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Ford Dealership adds $10,000 Markup for Mustang E

View attachment 677288
Crazy -- I was looking at some other new cars and it's insane how much dealers are marking prices up. I looking at some Rav4 Primes in my area and markups are in the $14-16,000 range putting them in the early-$60k range. Makes me appreciate Tesla's non-dealership model so much more.