TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ford mentions EV plans

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by TEG, Dec 3, 2008.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

#2 dpeilow, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    Let's hope they stick to this.

Of course there are "Ford" EV vans around today, so they could always sub-contract it:

[​IMG]

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

3. DDB

DDB Member

I am most skeptical of Chrysler's promise of the following:

it will begin selling EVs for fleet use in 2009, with regular customer deliveries scheduled for 2010. We're not sure what it'll be selling, though a variation of one of the three EV concepts it showed off a few months back seems most likely. In any case, the automaker believes it can have 500,000 produced by 2013.

Unless Chrysler already has a production model ready and is retooling as we speak, the 2009 promise is bunk.

GM and Chrysler's future business plans include EVs and hybrids - AutoblogGreen

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Detroit preview: Ford's electric line-up might include a Focus EV - AutoblogGreen

5. graham

graham Active Member

This is great news. I wonder if "new electric sedan" means hybrid, or actual BEV?

6. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

They plan to sell the EV vans for fleet use. Every time I see "fleet" or "lease" (as BMW is doing with the mini-cooper EV) I cannot help but think of the EV1 and its fate. Tesla has the right approach to just sell the vehicle. If the owner wants to re-sell or take it apart that is up to them. The "tether" approach is going to make fleet owners and individuals think twice.

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

8. graham

graham Active Member

Geneva 2009: Ford's all-electric Tourneo Connect

bev_concept-580.jpg