TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ford mondeo copying S design

Discussion in 'Model S' started by 1208, Feb 17, 2015.

1. 1208

1208 Active Member

2. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I think it's the chrome around the windows that's very model s esq...biggest difference is that tiny engine :).
    there are quite a few cars that I've seen recently and from the back or side from a distance thought it was a model s. Acura has a new car out that reminds me of the model s.

3. Kraken

Kraken Member

Looks like a Ford Fusion with a pano roof to me... Fusion was out before the s

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yep, and I often see white ones and briefly mistake for a possible S sighting.

5. SherSlick

SherSlick Member

The chrome around the doors is quite copycat of a Model S "signature" appearance piece. It's obvious that was a key element when they designed the MS as it's replicated on the key even.

6. skilly

skilly Member

The chrome around the doors is standard across most luxury brands. Cars today seem to all kind of look the same. Seems to me that the model S took some queues from the Aston Martin...

7. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Henrik Fisker and Chris Porritt who both worked and designed cars for Aston Martin helped with the initial design of the Model S :wink:

8. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

It doesn't just look like it, either. Ford is selling the Fusion as the Mondeo in Europe this generation, and that body style was shown before the Model S.

The Fusion and the Model S are pretty similar in style. I've confused them once or twice at a distance.

9. jdbob

jdbob Member

It's been rumored that Ford would start selling the Fusion Energi as a Mondeo in Europe. Recently they put the C-Max Energi on the Ford Netherlands web site as a "C-MAX Plug-In Hybride".

10. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised. The Fusion is currently one of the best cars coming out of Detroit, and the Energi is a particularly good hybrid. It makes sense to spread a successful vehicle as far as possible.

11. bluenation

bluenation Member

lmao @ OP

you had me there for a sec.

and it's ironic that an S owner would accuse others of copying the S design....

lets get along, kids.