Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford Mustang Mach E Needs a Rethink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a Ford Mustang Mach E in June 2022. 6 months later, trading it in for a MYLR.

Looking back, this car needs to be rethought. Ford's custom configuration / dealer purchasing model creates huge disadvantages for buyers, the features / pricing isn't well thought out, the charging situation is patchwork at best, and the software is inferior to a linked cell phone. It strikes me as first generation technology that would benefit from substantial innovation.

For those considering buying one, educate yourself thoroughly before proceeding. There are many pitfalls along the way.

Purchasing Process - Never Buy from a Dealer

Let's dispel the myth the MME is a "hot" car. Scarcity on dealer lots results from the delivery process. This perception is used against buyers to justify additional dealer markups.

Typically, people reserve a Mach E and receive it 6 - 12 months later. Dealers get these cars when buyers refuse delivery on a reservation.

The trouble with this model is reservation fees are fully refundable. It costs nothing for a buyer to refuse delivery, which creates a situation where dealers are mostly stocking base configurations or maxed out feature packages no one actually wants. When I was buying, it was almost impossible to get a mid-range configuration package (called a Premium,) while Selects and top of the line GTs were abundant.

You start to see the problem when you consider someone buying from a dealer probably hasn't done any research on the full line. In my situation, my old car died and I had about a week to make a decision. I test drove an MME Premium on a Saturday and left without buying. Checked in the next day, the car I drove was already sold but the salesman said there would be another later in the week. He would not be able to hold it, but told me exactly when to be there to make sure I was first in line. Arrived at the dealership, after a brief inspection I moved forward with the purchase.

In retrospect, this was a mistake. The car I test drove was a Premium, the car I bought was a Select. In terms of differences, there was no 360 degree camera, no power lift gates, no heated seats, no front-facing camera, and more. My fault for not thinking this through, but I really wasn't aware of the differences between a Select and a Premium at the time. The lack of those features was consequential. Ford has an autopilot clone called BlueCruise, the lack of a front-facing camera means the car can never take advantage of this feature (incidentally, Ford advertised BlueCruise as a standard feature on all MMEs.) The hardware can't be upgraded.

The price was above MSRP. Had I reserved it, the price would have been $46k. With dealer add ons and optional service packages, the total price was $52k before delivery, taxes, title, and fees. While some of this could be chalked up to urgency, I spent about $6k more than I needed by going through a dealer. Had I custom ordered, the additional features in the Premium would have cost less than the difference.

Never buy an MME from a dealer. If you are forced to, educate yourself on the line beforehand. The Select is a technological dead end.

The MME was Subject to Recall

The day before I purchased the MME, Ford recalled it. While selling a new car subject to recall is illegal, they did it anyway.

I got a call 3 days after purchase telling me the car can brick when I charge it. Don't charge it and bring it back to the dealer until it can be fixed. They had no timeframe for a fix.

As it turned out, the fix took a week. I did receive a loaner during that time so it wasn't a complete inconvenience. But it was unsettling, buying a car and not being able to enjoy it for a week.

The Battery and the Patchwork of Chargers

Ford marketing gives you the impression the range is fine and you're well supported by a nationwide network of fast chargers. That's misleading.

The standard range battery for an MME is rated at 220 miles. The extended range for an MME is rated at 270 miles.

My experience was range did not translate well into miles travelled, my guess is it was about 10% lower on average in the summer. In the winter, the standard range battery drops to 160 miles, lower on really cold days. There were days this winter I was getting 1 mile per percent of range. Creates a massive amount of anxiety getting into your car and wondering what the numbers are going to look like today.

The charging network is a patchwork between Electrify America, Chargepoint, EvGo and a few others. You can find them in any dense urban environment, but they are few and far between as you get away from the coast. Ford offers a navigation app, superficially similar to Tesla's. It will list the closest chargers to your location, even if they are beyond the maximum range of your car. We relied instead on a mobile app called ABRP when we were away from home, which had a more complete list that includes chargers not in the network.

The time to charge is an issue. The maximum charge rate for the MME is 70kw. Even if you are on one that goes 300kw, the best you will ever do is 70kw. But I don't believe I ever saw the full 70kw, typically I was charging at around 40kw max.

Can't overstate how complicated the charger situation made road trips.

Travelling in rural PA, there were no chargers in the network anywhere near us. One morning, I had to get up at 2 while the family slept to charge on a level 2 charger behind a car dealership. It was the only one for 50 miles, and it took 15% off the battery getting there and back. On a trip to West Virginia, we found ourselves in a charging desert, again with no chargers for 50 miles from our cabin. To ensure we would not run out of juice, we just parked and didn't use the car. Anything beyond a few miles walking was out of reach for us.

For both trips, even when we found fast chargers, The amount of time spent at chargers dragged things out. In one case, a 4 hour drive turned into an 8 hour drive. My wife frequently asked what the point of a road trip was in this car.

Ford's Inadequate Technology

Ford overpromises with the technology. It's present, but we found it to be lacking.

The MME comes with dongles for different drivers to offer some personalization features. It has an interior camera which (I believe) does facial recognition. It also has an app that allows remote start and recognizes when you are present to automatically unlock the doors.

This never worked for us. Despite the fact we created individual profiles tied to each dongle / cell phone, the MME only ever recognized my wife as the driver. If I wanted personalized settings, I had to manually select them from the tablet. We devoted a fair amount of time to this feature before deciding it was unimportant because the only thing you can really personalize is drive modes. It's easier to just select a different one when you get in the car.

The MME comes with a number of apps. Most of them proved inferior to their counterparts on our cell phones.

The navigation app is the big one, it's supposed to give you directions and guide you to chargers. The directions suffer from the lack of real time information on traffic. The shortest route is often the most heavily trafficked, but also the maps did not reflect new development and road closures. The first time I tried using it, I was sent to a road that had been blocked off for construction for months. The charger listings are overwhelming. You either get a list of their in-network charging partners - who are often no where near you - or you get to sort through a list of every level 1 and level 2 charger by distance. This is probably the area with the most room for improvement in the whole car.

The energy app is the only one that doesn't replicate something from our phones. It breaks down how much power is being consumed by different activities. We found we didn't have much of a use for it, primarily because the range was so short. We were more interested in finding the next charger than optimizing our battery usage.

The voice command system is very basic and needs some improvements. First off, there are some commands it would suggest, like changing the volume, but not recognize. But the big issue was when the voice command entry would be triggered by someone speaking on a podcast. This happened frequently enough to be a problem, someone would say something and the screen would switch off the maps to a full screen voice command interface. To clear it, I would need to interact with the screen. When the podcast would start up, it would rewind a few seconds and repeat the process.

As I mentioned, BlueCruise is Ford's autopilot equivalent. There's no way to use it on a Select because you don't have the front-facing cameras. What you do get is Enhanced Cruise Control, which gives you lane assist and automatic breaking. This was not bad and the feature I used most often.

I could go on, but basically: we rarely used the voice commands and the only apps we really used were on our phones. Other than the enhanced cruise control, this car didn't do much for us from a technology standpoint.

2021_Ford_Mustang_Mach-E_EXT_Range_AWD.jpg

"2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EXT Range AWD" by Calreyn88 is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog feed thumbnail.

That's a really great summary @scratch! It's easy to criticize Tesla for their "bling-less" style and substandard fit/finish compared to "established brands" like the Mustang. But there is so much more to the equation and every one of your key disappointments is something that Tesla cleverly seems to prioritize. I suspect that you are far more familiar with Teslas than the average Mach-E owner, is this written from the perspective of already owning the Y?

That's a really great summary @scratch! It's easy to criticize Tesla for their "bling-less" style and substandard fit/finish compared to "established brands" like the Mustang. But there is so much more to the equation and every one of your key disappointments is something that Tesla cleverly seems to prioritize. I suspect that you are far more familiar with Teslas than the average Mach-E owner, is this written from the perspective of already owning the Y?
Clever name there Gauss Guszzler!

No, I've never owned a Tesla. Supposed to take delivery of a MYLR tomorrow.

To understand my perspective, this was my first new car purchase. Every other car I've owned was bought from a mechanic and the most I'd ever paid was $12k. Before this, I was driving a 2010 Honda Accord v6 ELX with 106k miles. Hit a pothole, damaged the fuel pump and it would have cost more to fix it than the car was worth.

I just got tired of being at the tail end of depreciation. For $56k, I expected more value for the money.

From a looks standpoint, the MME compares favorably with a Mercedes EQS or Porsche Cayenne. Anyone who's never been in one should find a way to do so. The interior is sumptuous and it's easy to get caught up in the appearance. It will make you think those other cars might be overpriced for the class.

From a performance standpoint - like, how does it do on long road trips, what is charging like, what do I get from continuous updates, do the apps actually do anything I can't do on my phone, etc - the MME is a Chevy Bolt in a prom dress. Once you get the picture at the entrance, the looks don't matter anymore. It's going to step on your feet when you dance, and you will get nothing from conversation.

Last edited:
Clever name there Gauss Guszzler!

No, I've never owned a Tesla. Supposed to take delivery of a MYLR tomorrow.

To understand my perspective, this was my first new car purchase. Every other car I've owned was bought from a mechanic and the most I'd ever paid was $12k. Before this, I was driving a 2010 Honda Accord v6 ELX with 106k miles. Hit a pothole, damaged the fuel pump and it would have cost more to fix it than the car was worth.

I just got tired of being at the tail end of depreciation. For $56k, I expected more value for the money.

From a looks standpoint, the MME compares favorably with a Mercedes EQS or Porsche Cayenne. Anyone who's never been in one should find a way to do so. The interior is sumptuous and it's easy to get caught up in the appearance. It will make you think those other cars might be overpriced for the class.

From a performance standpoint - like, how does it do on long road trips, what is charging like, what do I get from continuous updates, do the apps actually do anything I can't do on my phone, etc - the MME is a Chevy Bolt in a prom dress. Once you get the picture at the entrance, the looks don't matter anymore. It's going to step on your feet when you dance, and you will get nothing from conversation.

You had me until you said MME compares well vs. EQS or Cayenne. If you look at the details, it's not even close. Maybe this is b/c you're jumping over from a 2010 Honda. Even Kia/Hyundai have similar interiors nowadays.

Reactions: scratch
This was your first dealership experience. It's not just the Mach E. All dealerships are a pain, full of misinformation and friendly atmosphere until they get the sale.

We just bought my wife a new Toyota Highlander and she wanted to crawl under the desk with how I was handling the person trying to handle me. Everything went fine until they shoved us into a locked glass room with the up-seller, trying to get us to buy extended warranties and undercoating etc.

I did enjoy pulling the dealer decal off right in front of them and handing it back to them.

So you test drive a Premium trim, but bought a Select trim without knowing the difference?

That's on you.
Right, hence the use of the word 'mistake' in my original post. I probably should have been more educated walking into the dealer. Definitely let my enthusiasm get the best of me.

After 6 months of ownership, I can definitely say the highest charge rate I got was maybe 62kw. The closest chargers for me are Electrify America, they indicate the rate on the screen. While I didn't watch it like a hawk, I was always watching for something closer to the 150kw label on the station itself.

Maybe it was capable of something higher, but I never saw it.

Sounds like a modern Ford product. It's hard to believe they actually made decent cars at one point.
Once you get the picture at the entrance, the looks don't matter anymore. It's going to step on your feet when you dance, and you will get nothing from conversation.

This pretty much applies to the Mustang, The F-150 and the Mach-E. They put out the bait, and once you're hooked, look out!! Into the dealership shark pit you go.

Reactions: scratch
Scratch, welcome to Tesla Nation. I made the jump in December 2022 and never looked back. There has been so much reinforcement in the total Tesla Nation experience. From their customer process of buying, trading in, delivery, vehicle user experience, vehicle performance experience, service, ecosystem, Supercharging, partnerships with family/friends and neighbors that have jumped in, accessories via Tesla or the market, these forums, etc. Elon and his Tesla employees have set the high bar, changed the market forever, like he's doing with SpaceX, and for our benefit. We love Tesla, but definitely want USA vehicle manufacturers to succeed, so lets get it right Ford and GM. China is coming and they are about to kill Europe's manufacturers, We only have a small window until politics force us to allow the Chinese EVs in the USA. Imagine, Ford and GM coming to Elon for battery tech, that would be amazing.

Nice write up OP. I was in the market for a Mach E in late 2022 but the lack of inventory, above MSRP quotes from dealers except for one in my area who only had GTs on the lot, and the fact Tesla literally made the current Model Y price similar to early 2021 for LR made my decision a ton easier. I preferred the Mach E as I preferred the look and color choices, but $ talks. A used 2021 premium non extended range cost 1K less than a brand new LR, and with the tax Credit it's simply a no brainer.

I usually try and get comfort green on uber and one time I got picked up by a MME and I was truly excited having never been in one before. It looks really nice but once inside, the ride in the back was really, really bumpy. When I ride in the MY or even M3, it's a little on the bumpy side but not as severe as the MME and there seemed to be a bit of that tinny feeling in the back. It did not feel premium for the price you are paying. It's probably a fun car to drive but the back seat experience was not that great.

You had me until you said MME compares well vs. EQS or Cayenne. If you look at the details, it's not even close. Maybe this is b/c you're jumping over from a 2010 Honda. Even Kia/Hyundai have similar interiors nowadays.
Not really a car guy, but I appreciate that comment. We probably should have spent more time educating ourselves on the specific features of each vehicle. Our impressions were based more on the experience of driving each one, along with some other factors. We did take the time to categorize these EVs to help us make a decision..

TLDR - with the MME, the interior seemed like the most bang for your buck. The MEQS and PC had some annoyances that made them seem overpriced for what you were getting.

To understand why we saw it this way, it's important to give some context. This was June 2022. Chevy just did another recall over the battery and announced next year's model would be cheaper than the current year. VW just announced their latest OTA allowed drivers to finally use fast chargers - after a long 2 year wait - and would be rolling it out over the next 6 months. Polestar was ramping up the marketing for the next edition, which was hidden in a box and promised to surpass the current model in every conceivable way.

The importance of this can't be understated - manufacturers themselves were promising their EVs would be defective / obsolete / overpriced when delivered. Looking back, we took a lack of automotive executives denouncing their own vehicles as a positive selling point, and this influenced our decision more than detailed specifications of the vehicles themselves. Ford greatly benefitted from what Chevy said about their own vehicles, Mercedes from what BWM said, Porsche from Polestar, etc.

So the first category was Clown Show tier. This included Chevy, Polestar and VW. We did drive each one and thought the interior of each was a step up from the Accord we had been driving.

But nothing was going to make us buy one. Official statements from the manufacturer made these cars only suitable for the most uninformed and vulnerable buyers, and we felt sorry for those who only get their news off social media. To put it into perspective, the Bolt had a computer display in the rear view mirror, which was not a feature on any of the other cars I drove. But the manufacturer was advising drivers to only charge away from the house due to risk of fire, and that meant there was a trade off between features, physical safety and complete obsolescence at the time of purchase.

Characteristically, these Clown Show Tier cars can be considered prototypes of better cars manufacturers would like to have made were it not for economic forces compelling them to rush to market. Our opinion was they should not be sold.

The next category we called Dodge Tier, and her nickname for it was the Non-Wife Tier. This applies to non-EVs we test drove to expand the range of options she would consider.

My wife really wanted a Tesla. I was hesitant, mostly because so many of our friends own Teslas. They tend to obsess over them, every time the topic comes up I have to sit through 10 - 20 minute speeches about why I should get one. Distinguishing us from them was an important part of any new car purchase. Also, Teslas all kind of look like large wheeled eggs to me. While I understand the benefits of increased aerodynamism, more cylinders and superchargers seem like a reasonable enough alternative.

To get her to look at other cars, I had to suggest alternatives she did not want. So I took her on a test drive of an 8-speed manual Dodge Challenger Hellcat. The interior is imposing, coming up to my shoulders when seated. The cabin really only has room for 2 occupants, the backseat is very constrained. When turned on, it constantly rumbles, even in park. The entertainment panel had USB slots for connecting storage / MP3 players and I was not sure there was a way to connect a cell phone. None of that mattered.

What impressed me was the performance, 0-60 in well under 2 seconds and effortlessly laid donut shaped skid marks all over empty parking lots. She had reservations about the fact it only had 2 doors, very little storage to speak of and was about as loud idling as a lawnmower. We agreed it could be useful as a backup to an EV, but that we really needed something more practical for everyday use. Mission accomplished.

Which took us to the Useful Tier category. This includes vehicles that 1) are a hybrid / EV, 2) are a crossover / SUV with enough storage for road trips, 3) offer a modern technology package and digital device integration, 4) have a good sound system, 5) will retain their resale value, 6) had a good reputation amongst drivers, 7) are not actively being actively denounced by their own manufacturers, and 8) are not a Tesla.

We looked at the Mercedes EQS, the Porsche Cayenne and the Ford Mustang Mach E. Each one met the characteristic features mentioned above. We ruled out newer vehicles like the Rivian, mostly because it was so new they had no track record. Plus investors were pulling out, it seemed clear the company will not grow no matter how good their technology is.

In terms of the interiors themselves - there's the seating, then there's the electronics, then there's everything else.

The seating of each car was all leather, they had a very similar selection of colors available, and the way the materials were laid out was of interest. Each one had leather armrests and door panels, there were no prominent plastic components that stand out in the cabin. After we had seen all three, we were thinking the MME is undercosted because the seating is as nice as the Porsche and the Mercedes. Looking back, I think there's an inversely proportional relationship between the amount of plastic panels to leather in a car interior that affects perceptions of "quality." Each of these had a similar ratio, and that's where the comparison comes from.

The Mercedes EQS 450 stood out for it's interior, which did look a little nicer than the rest. One of it's features was a long, smooth digital panel running across the dashboard of the car. It displayed an instrument cluster behind the steering wheel and a media / entertainment panel above the middle console. It reminded me of a panel interface out of Star Trek TNG.

I would have really loved to have liked this design motif, but there were 2 problems. First, during the test drive, it stopped working. We had to shut off the car, get out, and get back in again for it to come back on. There was a noticeable delay after the restart, and we couldn't get the voice commands to navigate us back to the dealer. We had to use a smartphone for that, which was a downer.

But that wasn't as bad as the second problem. That digital panel is reflective. It was a sunny day and there was glare any time the car was pointed any direction other than northeast. I was catching serious glare from one angle or another while driving to the point of impaired vision. This left me thinking the car is designed for people who live in heavily wooded areas / dense urban environments, or who only drive at night. A luxury car - especially one that costs $100k+ - should have thought this out a little better. Getting past those defects, the interior was spacious and we didn't have any complaints about entering / exiting / opening the gate / etc.

The Porsche was a Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid. It accelerates quickly and I felt the need to drive it at high speeds on our road trip. We drove on some 2-lane roads and the car just ate them up. Despite the fact it's called a coupe, my sense was it had similar interior space to the MME. Something I appreciated was the fact not all of the instruments were digital, something else I appreciated was how it felt less open than the interior of the other cars we had driven. My dog is a spaz and tries to climb in the front when we're going fast, it felt like this car offered some additional protection from the rear seat. There were also barriers next to the seat at about knee level, which you could use to brace yourself going around tight turns. This kept my wife's hand off the top handle over the passenger window while we were driving.

If I had to sum up my impressions of the cabin of the Porsche in a word, I would say 'boxy.' Compared to the MEQS and the MME, it seemed more enclosed and designed for performance. The digital screen was small, but that didn't matter because you are not going to be screwing with the screen, you are going to be driving the car. That may be where the annoyance came in, I was asking myself if this was actually better than the Hellcat I used to trick my wife into looking at alternatives to Tesla.

The answer was no, I enjoyed driving that car far more and wished we could revisit the discussion so I could be more insistent. The Cayenne, as configured, cost about $30k more than the Hellcat. It got me thinking about the relative cost of all these vehicles, and - within each class - if it was better to pay for more features / cachet or something that's relatively more affordable.

In the end, the MME won out by being a little simpler than the alternatives. The ultimate driving experience wasn't as important as an attractive, modern interior free from excess. It helped that the MME was roughly half the cost of the EQS, and it helped that the performance of the MME Select was *almost* as good as the Porsche by being better than all of the Clown Car Tier vehicles. The MME's strength lies in being a little better and almost as good, which is why we put them in the same category.

Now that I own a MYLR, tho, would advise no one buy any of these cars. Let me tell you at length about all the things the Tesla can do.

I owned a 2021 MME GT. I found the performance disappointing, and that’s one of the biggest reasons I ditched it. It felt slow off the line, regardless of the stats. I got 0 butterflies when I punched it. Even my wife agreed it didn’t feel as fast as Teslas we had test driven (LR 3 and Y). I sold it for a nice profit the week before the recall came out where they nerfed repeated max acceleration to prevent cars from getting bricked.

I loved how it looked though - I hate the front of the 3 and especially the Y. But for the elation of the performance, and the awesome charging network (rented an M3P on Turo for a road trip last year and it was so great), I have an M3P on order. Very excited for it to arrive!

Attachments

• BF2FA82C-EBAA-4A78-AE3A-F68C67DD38A7.jpeg
    BF2FA82C-EBAA-4A78-AE3A-F68C67DD38A7.jpeg
    801.8 KB · Views: 105
Test drove a Mach E GT a couple times before committing to the MYP. It was cool and all, but I trusted my gut, which told me the Y Performance was the way to go. The only other driver/performance oriented EV I considered was the BMW i4 M50. Since there was no way for me to test drive one (no inventory nearby at the time) and the waitlist was 9 months to a year out (potentially longer), that pretty much made the decision easy.

Reactions: Darmie and Olle
My MYP acquisition experience was amazing. While in the search I talked to Hyundai and Genesis, and the legacy experience and strange interaction brought back bad memories. GM/Chevy and your Equinox journey will be great if it mimics Tesla but not sure they will succeed at that. Does anyone have a Lyriq acquisition experience? Will Cadillac have a clue?

Neighbor's son LOVES LOVES LOVES his MME but I have no particulars, does he use it for road trips, etc.

I think it's funny that all the criticisms you leveled above I can say about my new MYLR. The tech has a *lot* of shortcomings. "The MME has a dongle for each driver...Doesn't work for us" ya well, yesterday I got into my MYLR and all the settings were on Driver 2, not mine, and I got into the car because the phone was on, and it didn't recognize it and me!

My Tesla owning friends gave me assurance that you can really get from point A to point B, but ultimately, to paraphrase, "it's the network, stupid." ONE recent experience at a dead EvGo was enough to confirm that ! I think us Tesla folks should be open-minded about other EVs, and honest about T's shortcomings. Let's just not let anyone we know buy a non-Tesla if they intend to take it on the highway, at least not until non-Teslas get reliable and faster chargers. (just give 'em 12 years or so, I'm sure they'll get a lot better. *These comments may not apply in Norway. I think most of my info on charger networks is from US.)

...and I can't resist reminding folks that fundamentally, software-based machines that you need to rely on to work every time, in an instant, are just a bat-*sugar* crazy, stupid idea. Just dumb as a doornail. And so is a lack of buttons for the fan and glove box. Jimminey, who does Elon think he's kidding on that?

...But since you can't charge anything else on the highway, my T was the only alternative.

But OK, if you say this is all because I'm comparing that to my old pre-2000 Civic, a standard way too high for T to meet, that's fair.

Have a great day everyone,

-TPC

Reactions: Ocelot and MA128
I think it's funny that all the criticisms you leveled above I can say about my new MYLR. The tech has a *lot* of shortcomings. "The MME has a dongle for each driver...Doesn't work for us" ya well, yesterday I got into my MYLR and all the settings were on Driver 2, not mine, and I got into the car because the phone was on, and it didn't recognize it and me!

My Tesla owning friends gave me assurance that you can really get from point A to point B, but ultimately, to paraphrase, "it's the network, stupid." ONE recent experience at a dead EvGo was enough to confirm that ! I think us Tesla folks should be open-minded about other EVs, and honest about T's shortcomings. Let's just not let anyone we know buy a non-Tesla if they intend to take it on the highway, at least not until non-Teslas get reliable and faster chargers. (just give 'em 12 years or so, I'm sure they'll get a lot better. *These comments may not apply in Norway. I think most of my info on charger networks is from US.)

...and I can't resist reminding folks that fundamentally, software-based machines that you need to rely on to work every time, in an instant, are just a bat-*sugar* crazy, stupid idea. Just dumb as a doornail. And so is a lack of buttons for the fan and glove box. Jimminey, who does Elon think he's kidding on that?

...But since you can't charge anything else on the highway, my T was the only alternative.

But OK, if you say this is all because I'm comparing that to my old pre-2000 Civic, a standard way too high for T to meet, that's fair.

Have a great day everyone,

-TPC
Interesting insights, @ThePirate.

I, too, recently purchased a new MYLR. Received it last Saturday and am still getting to know it.

Hope you resolve your issues as you get to know your car. Are you using your phone as a key? Why are you charging with EvGo? Are you not near a supercharger?

Haven't had problems with driver recognition, the seats, climate controls and steering wheel adjust to my and my wife's settings each time we enter the vehicle. The biggest problem we've run into are with unlocking the car, the driver's door always unlocks as we approach but we'd like the passenger doors to unlock automatically as well. We're currently experiencing this awkward waiting period and never remember to look into it after a drive.

The 290+ miles of range in winter on 90% charge is a welcome change from the MME's 160.

Regarding openness to other EVs, sure, generally it's a good idea to know what's out there. I just advise caution when going to dealerships. Part of my problem was learning at the same time I was looking to purchase. It's better to educate yourself on EVs before you need to buy one.