Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford recalls over 50,000 Mach-e's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make no mistake; pretty sure the OTA is a hail mary play. Because the cost to drop out EVERY battery and replace the contactors from every one and put it back in is ugly ugly.
No doubt. Frankly, I expect they will just cripple the charging and performance of the vehicle over removing the pack if it comes down to that.

Any idea what the cost would be? I saw that the Ford stock hit a 52-week low today, but the whole market is in the toilet too.

RT
The only details I know is that a battery is wholesale for about $14,000 and labor to swap it brings the price to $28,000 from the one case posted on the forum. So somewhere under $14k, likely $7k labor would be a fair guess. They have to drain coolant, drop it, discharge it, open it, swap the parts, and recharge and seat/seal and re-fill coolant. Heaven forbid they get a leak or cell not balancing right.

The only details I know is that a battery is wholesale for about $14,000 and labor to swap it brings the price to $28,000 from the one case posted on the forum. So somewhere under $14k, likely $7k labor would be a fair guess. They have to drain coolant, drop it, discharge it, open it, swap the parts, and recharge and seat/seal and re-fill coolant. Heaven forbid they get a leak or cell not balancing right.
Per the MachE forum link above, most (80 pages now) of which I read, it isn't the battery but the high voltage contactors (HVBJB) under the battery that may be getting damaged. Pain to replace cause it apparently requires removing the big battery first. I was wondering about the HVBJB part cost, and the associated labor of replacing it.

RT

Per the MachE forum link above, most (80 pages now) of which I read, it isn't the battery but the high voltage contactors (HVBJB) under the battery that may be getting damaged. Pain to replace cause it apparently requires removing the big battery first. I was wondering about the HVBJB part cost, and the associated labor of replacing it.

RT
Not under the battery. The are at the front end of the INSIDE of the battery. That's the issue.

1655484047554.png