Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Ford Says ‘First Edition’ Mach E is Sold Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ford says the “First Edition” of its recently-unveiled, Mustang-inspired, all-electric Mach E is officially sold out. The Premium edition and the GT are still available for pre-order. 

The limited First Edition comes with extended-range all-wheel drive, with red painted brake calipers, metallic pedal covers, contrasting seat stitching and a scuff plate marked First Edition. 

Mustang Mach-E will be available with standard and extended-range battery options with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive powered by permanent magnet motors. Equipped with an extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive, Mach-E has a targeted EPA-estimated range of at least 300 miles. In extended-range all-wheel-drive configurations, Mach-E is targeting 332 horsepower. The standard all-wheel-drive variation will have quicker times to 60 mph than the base Porsche Macan, Ford said.

Two performance versions are also available. The GT is targeting 0-60 mph time under 4 seconds, making it faster off the line than a Porsche Macan Turbo. The GT Performance Edition, meanwhile, is targeting a comparable 0-60 mph in the mid-3-second range to a Porsche 911 GTS.

Ford also offered some stats on orders to date:

Carbonized Gray is the most popular choice with 38 percent choosing it, with Grabber Blue Metallic 35 percent and Rapid Red 27 percentMore than 80 percent of U.S. customers are reserving Mach-E with an Extended Range BatteryAbout 55 percent are opting for all-wheel driveAlmost 30 percent of U.S. customers are choosing the Mach-E GTMore than a quarter of all reservations are coming from California

The Mustang Mach-E will start at about $45,000, while the Mach-E GT Performance Edition will cost about $60,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of love for Mexican built cars apparently.Lots of love for Chinese Volvo/Polestar as well.And yet so much shade for American built Tesla. The only proven EV maker truly committed to the technology and actually produces EV vehicles in volume and not as a side line.
Note I'm not American.
I also can't believe that Trump is going out of his way to hurt Tesla instead of embracing them.
My little rant for the day!

Lots of love for Mexican built cars apparently.Lots of love for Chinese Volvo/Polestar as well.And yet so much shade for American built Tesla. The only proven EV maker truly committed to the technology and actually produces EV vehicles in volume and not as a side line.
Note I'm not American.
I also can't believe that Trump is going out of his way to hurt Tesla instead of embracing them.

I like your little rant :D

• Love
Reactions: Brando
Mach E vs Model Y
Seems to me, knowledgeable people will go Model Y.

Not everyone is knowledgeable and typically auto companies spend advertising to convince customers to buy their car.
How much will Ford budget for Mach E Ads? How many Mach Es will/can they make? What impact on their ICE models?
Consider Tesla puts FSD computer in each car (some pay for FSD, many don't) - no ads.

side note: I would love to know IF any Mach E buyers test drove Model 3/Y before they bought Mach E. And then the reasons why they got the Mach E. I suspect Model Y will far out sell Mach E - interesting to watch what happens. Actually Model Y may sell more than all others combined. (Kona/Mach E/Niro/any others in the ~$38-45,000 MSRP base?)

note: How Ford is taking on Tesla with its Mustang Mach-E
one interesting claim is the +2,000 dealers are an advantage vs Tesla

Last edited:
Note I'm not American.

Facts.

Mach E vs Model Y

Not everyone is knowledgeable and typically auto companies spend advertising to convince customers to buy their car.
How much will Ford budget for Mach E Ads? How many Mach Es will/can they make? What impact on their ICE models?
Consider Tesla puts FSD computer in each car (some pay for FSD, many don't) - no ads.

side note: I would love to know IF any Mach E buyers test drove Model 3/Y before they bought Mach E. And then the reasons why they got the Mach E. I suspect Model Y will far out sell Mach E - interesting to watch what happens. Actually Model Y may sell more than all others combined. (Kona/Mach E/Niro/any others in the ~$38-45,000 MSRP base?)

One advantage Ford has is the perception that Tesla’s are for the middle/upper class and Ford is for the “working” American.

The tribal mindset is rampant in the U.S today and people will buy something that is “Murica” even if it doesn’t offer them the best value for their money. There’s a reason companies spend billions on advertising.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Mach E vs Model Y

I hope Ford does actually advertise the Mach E unlike what GM is doing. Tesla needs some competition to make them a better company overall. I agree they will sell more Ys than the competition.

Weirdly, if I was in the market for a crossover, the Mach E would be on my list over the Y. Just because service has become so problematic with Tesla lately, I can’t imagine Ford would do worse, and I am NOT a Ford fan at all. If my local Ford dealer sucks, well there are two more down the way. I am 5 minutes from a Ford vs 1.5 hours from Tesla. That would be nice, especially since it seems like most of the issues I have had required the service center vs mobile including my future FSD upgrade which I hope is coming soon.

Supercharger-wise, I rarely use the supercharger network today, so I could easily survive off the various CCS providers for the rare short road trip. We fly if it is anything longer than about 6 hours.

The downside to the Mach E is they are apparently taking a page from Tesla’s book and not releasing the hands free driving system until after the car comes out as a over the air upgrade. I am no longer a fan of buying future software capabilities in a car with nebulous release dates. I am still salty about that 2017 FSD purchase.

• Helpful
Reactions: DrtyJrze and Brando
Of course, Ford will need all the service centers they have running full steam. Decades of building gas trucks with hundreds of thousands of recalls every single year. Its gonna be fun seeing more EV's on the road. But like every other manufacturer what they claim, range, horsepower, speed, never seems to pan out once the car is released.....

Note I'm not American.

I believe that on the Model 3 Monroney sticker, Tesla lists Mexico as the top country for "Major sources of foreign parts content. " The Model 3 US parts content is given as 45%.

The Model 3 is not exactly all-American.

Yes, I think it's good that it's built in the USA, but if you want an "American" vehicle, there are cars that made in the USA with much higher US parts content.

Reactions: gowthamn
....... snip ....... one interesting claim is the +2,000 dealers are an advantage vs Tesla
Anyone who ever walked into a Nissan or GM or Ford or FCD lot, hoping to buy an EV, much LESS a plugin know how quick they try to put you into something else. Dealerships are FAR from an advantage. They all seem to HATE selling plugins. That's also made evident because If they are lucky, they MAY have one or 2 chargers ... often blocked by ICE. If not - it's after hours / dealership chargers are often locked behind gates - and you show up when they're open? The chargers are all too often inop. Kiss it off for at LEAST several months before they get around to getting 'em running again.

• Helpful
All ten of them???

Yeah, I love these announcements that skirt the actually important facts. I see lots of percentages quoted in their "key facts", but I don't see how many actual cars this represents. Don't get me wrong - glad to see more competition entering the market, but let's get some actual apples to apples comparisons in the conversation. Tesla gets slammed for falling ridiculously short (percentage wise) of a quarterly production numbers ALL THE TIME. Come on Ford - tell us how many cars we are actually talking about.

Competition brings the best out of competitors. Maybe Mach-E will have better build quality inside, less paint problems, and whatever else might come. Some people only buy one brand and one brand only. This will help Ford followers to buy Ford EV and down the line pickup.

even though Ford does not have its own DC charging network it might partner up with EA or others and maybe even five charging credits. Also good number of people don’t take long trips or have ICE SUV for that, so they would not care too much.

Reactions: house9
I believe that on the Model 3 Monroney sticker, Tesla lists Mexico as the top country for "Major sources of foreign parts content. " The Model 3 US parts content is given as 45%.

The Model 3 is not exactly all-American.

Yes, I think it's good that it's built in the USA, but if you want an "American" vehicle, there are cars that made in the USA with much higher US parts content.
45% I call BS unless you can provide a source I can believe.
batteries - are you going to claim Japan?
battery pack
aluminium & steel sheets stamped in Fremont
seats (made in Fremont by Tesla)
electric motors
paint
I think just these parts add up to more than 55%, right?

quick internet search
Who Are Tesla's (TSLA) Main Suppliers?
Most all of these companies are international and have plants all over the world - check for your self.
side note: even Rail Roads are listed as suppliers - go scan the above link.

NO car gets all its' parts from ONE country - auto is an international industry - one of the first to globalize.

side note: Ford Mach E is assembled in Mexico factory

Top 15 car companies in US - and Tesla no where to be seen - isn't that interesting.
Ford, GM don’t make the most 'American-made’ car. Here's who does.
Tesla has a US factory and a China factory and soon a German factory

Last edited: