Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford's Electric F-150

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that Ford will bring an eV F-150 to market. My expectation is that it will match the trim of the highest version F-150 (exact same body styling and interior), cost $5,000 more than that and have close to zero margin. They probably expect to sell fewer than 10,000 and will use it mostly as an engineering study for a second generation product that will follow 4-5 years later.

I believe that Ford will bring an eV F-150 to market. My expectation is that it will match the trim of the highest version F-150 (exact same body styling and interior), cost $5,000 more than that and have close to zero margin. They probably expect to sell fewer than 10,000 and will use it mostly as an engineering study for a second generation product that will follow 4-5 years later.

I expect it will be at least $10k more. The battery size needed will be significant. Let’s hope Tesla get’s theirs out first.
I agree it will be a test bed, with a likely platform change down the road. They started on this before their deal with VW.

Reactions: Akikiki
Without even knowing the battery size that Ford would put in their first EV-Truck, I predict the price to be $15-18,000 more. I can't imagine they would want to do less battery size than Tesla is expected to do range wise. I doubt their cost per kw on batteries will be low enough for only a $5-10,000 difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutaka