Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ford's Electric F-150

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
I believe that Ford will bring an eV F-150 to market. My expectation is that it will match the trim of the highest version F-150 (exact same body styling and interior), cost $5,000 more than that and have close to zero margin. They probably expect to sell fewer than 10,000 and will use it mostly as an engineering study for a second generation product that will follow 4-5 years later.

Kmartyn

Mar 7, 2019
Toronto
I believe that Ford will bring an eV F-150 to market. My expectation is that it will match the trim of the highest version F-150 (exact same body styling and interior), cost $5,000 more than that and have close to zero margin. They probably expect to sell fewer than 10,000 and will use it mostly as an engineering study for a second generation product that will follow 4-5 years later.

I expect it will be at least $10k more. The battery size needed will be significant. Let’s hope Tesla get’s theirs out first.
I agree it will be a test bed, with a likely platform change down the road. They started on this before their deal with VW.

Reactions: Akikiki

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Without even knowing the battery size that Ford would put in their first EV-Truck, I predict the price to be $15-18,000 more. I can't imagine they would want to do less battery size than Tesla is expected to do range wise. I doubt their cost per kw on batteries will be low enough for only a $5-10,000 difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutaka

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC