TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Forehead Prints

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by gavine, Oct 7, 2014.

1. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I keep my car clean so it's easy for me to notice, but I am constantly getting greasy forehead prints on my side windows, presumably from gawkers looking into the car while its parked. Is this a South Jersey thing mostly or do others notice this as well? Teslas are fairly rare around here. There is also the telltale print of the side of a hand next to it doing the traditional "sun visor" pose. I cleaned them off last night, but next time I get one, I'll post a picture just for fun.

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

So that's where the window smudges are coming from!? :biggrin:

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

In the winter of 2012/2013 when my car was quite new (and still rare), I'd find handprints and such all over the winter salt covered side windows all the time! I'd forgotten about that.

4. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

#4 Curt, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Forehead prints would be a bit odd, but I still find hand prints daily on the Roadster.

5. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

It's a bit strange. Are there a lot of far-sighted folks in South Jersey? Touching the window with their head is getting oddly close!

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

The pattern I noticed on my car was more of someone cupping their hands over the glass, presumably to reduce glare so they could see inside.

7. Alligator

Alligator Member

I spun a security camera toward my car at work one day and turned it on to record. The number of people stopping to check it out was incredible. People would walk from the other end of the parking lot to see it.

8. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

I would love to see that! Was thinking it would be cool to put a couple of cams in the car for a day on stop motion to record the attention it gets, especially when using a town center slow charger.

9. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I found an ass print on my windshield once. Crack and all. That was lovely.