Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foreign content of 60kwh and 40kwh cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that we have some 60 kwh cars on the road would like to know if the foreign content listed on the window sticker mentions a different content ratio. For the 85kwh car the content ratio is listed at 55% North American content. Would love to know if this is any different for the 60kwh and 40kwh. I suspect they will all show the ratio even they they are clearly not.

The foreign content would be the steering gear, air suspension, brakes, displays, and battery cells. The only difference would be the number of battery cells, so I don't think the percentage would change all that much.

It is supposed to be based on dollar value not number of parts so taking some portion of a $10k battery (for the 60kwh) with foreign cells out of the content ratio should make a difference. 62.5% is the magic number to avoid import duty to Canada (just over 6%) so it does need to move much, not that it makes any real difference as Tesla set the prices including it on all versions.

It is supposed to be based on dollar value not number of parts so taking some portion of a $10k battery (for the 60kwh) with foreign cells out of the content ratio should make a difference. 62.5% is the magic number to avoid import duty to Canada (just over 6%) so it does need to move much, not that it makes any real difference as Tesla set the prices including it on all versions.

I seem to remember it's averaged over all the different configurations, not calculated for each one.