Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foreshadowing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some have argued otherwise with P+...

True, I've yet to get some quality time in one of those, and it seems retrofits are off the table.

Not gonna debate handling. But since he was posting acceleration, I think knowing if he'd driven an S would be helpful. Most car manufacturers post acceleration times that are rarely reproducible by most drivers. The Model S, however, is different.

This is true. The S does accelerate very linearly. However, so does a Turbo'd cayenne with their gazillion-gear-transmissions. Will definitely be interested to put those guys head to head.

It handles well, but even with the steering on sport mode it feels more disconnected than my previous E39 M5. A comparison with the 430 is unwarranted.

I'd agree with that as well. The hope (for me anyway), is that by the time the X rolls off the line, the P+ stuff from the S will be integrated from the beginning and that AWD well help out in other areas.

It wasn't that long ago that people were complaining about the Model S "I want this, not that...", "It's not fair, I can't have this without the bundle...", "I'm prepared to pay for this, i just don't want the other stuff..."; so now we're complaining that Tesla unbundled everything and OMG we're not going to get any bundles on the Model X and that's going to push the price up when I buy everything!
[/rant]

I would be really happy if they kept the options unbundled on the Model X. One of the new things bundled on the Model S that was not before is the air suspension. To get the the air suspension on the Model S, you also have to get the expensive tech package. In fact if you did not want the tech package to start with you have to pay just shy of 6k for the air suspension because of the bundle. I truly hope this particular bundle does not carry over to the Model X. I want the ability to pare down to only what I really need with the Model X. Let those who want it to emphasize the U in CUV, Utility without having to pay up the wazoo for all the tech bells and whistles, please. In particular I hope the AWD option does not get bundled with a bunch of other stuff.

Perhaps they can offer custom bundles: 6-pack of options gets 20% off, 3-pack 10% off. That way buyers are encouraged to get those extra couple of options they were on the fence about, and the upper end of the price spectrum won't be quite as high. Might spread out the pain a little more and make everyone happy.

Perhaps they can offer custom bundles: 6-pack of options gets 20% off, 3-pack 10% off. That way buyers are encouraged to get those extra couple of options they were on the fence about, and the upper end of the price spectrum won't be quite as high. Might spread out the pain a little more and make everyone happy.
Like +