Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forged Performance Wheels - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks, I am now eligible to receive this referral award but I do not plan on installing the wheels on my model 3. If you are interested in purchasing these please send me a message.

Note: I believe deliveries will start sometime in June. If you are interested I can redeem the award right now and list your delivery center for installation.

Hello folks, I am now eligible to receive this referral award but I do not plan on installing the wheels on my model 3. If you are interested in purchasing these please send me a message.

Note: I believe deliveries will start sometime in June. If you are interested I can redeem the award right now and list your delivery center for installation.
Do you know what they will look like?

I was told by email from someone in the referral department that they were not expecting these "until the fall at the soonest" (I am receiving a set as well, but will be keeping them).

I think june is a far stretch (Or rather, "june" on tesla pre order time, which translates to "fall or possibly winter"). Model 3 performance owners still dont have their spoiler that was supposed to be "end of year" last year, then "january" now "first quarter".

I was told by email from someone in the referral department that they were not expecting these "until the fall at the soonest" (I am receiving a set as well, but will be keeping them).

I think june is a far stretch (Or rather, "june" on tesla pre order time, which translates to "fall or possibly winter"). Model 3 performance owners still dont have their spoiler that was supposed to be "end of year" last year, then "january" now "first quarter".

Agree, June (summer 2019) is the published timeline.... Knowing Tesla it may take another few months so I will not be surprised if it is Fall.

Not to rain on everyones parade (ok I guess its raining on the parade a bit but I feel the information is important and relevant).

As I mentioned earlier, I am also eligible for this award. I also looked at the information in the loot box app regarding the awards, and the following information is relevant to this:

Q. My award wheels have arrived at my local service center. Can someone else pick up the wheels on my behalf?"
A. Wheel awards can only be picked up by the individuals indicated on your tesla account.

So, OP, you can not "select the local service center for install" for someone who buys these from you, as per the information in the loot box app they will only release the wheels to you, or someone else on your tesla account. I doubt you are going to add whoever buys them to your tesla account (since they would then have access to YOUR car), so you will need to take delivery and ship them if you intend to sell them.

Also, as you mentioned, we only have until Feb 28th to redeem the award in the loot box app. The current delivery time in my loot box app for the model 3 wheels is "available starting in july 2019" so on usual tesla time that would still fall into " fall 2019".

I am mentioning this as I would hate for OP or anyone who is buying from him / her to get "stuck" thinking they will just be able to select some other service center, and the buyer ends up not being able to pick up the wheels (and OP not able to get to whatever service center he/she picked for whoever bought from him).

Just get them delivered to you, THEN sell them. Since you cant have them delivered through the service center approach, there is zero benefit to attempting to sell them before you receive them.