TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Forged Referral Wheels Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Lhshockey24, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

I ordered the 22in forged referral wheels in October of 2018 and have not seen them show up to the service center yet. Multiple parts reps have checked but still see no updates.

Is anyone else in this same boat? I’m trying to figure out if these will ever show up.

• Helpful x 1
  2. callmehere

callmehere Member

I ordered mid Dec 2018. I’ve been back and forth with them for months, they recently advised me that the rims still have not arrived, but at least the TPMS for each rim has...

• Like x 1
  3. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

I predict mine will show up at the beginning of next winter season... when I won't want to put them on. <sigh>

• Funny x 1
  4. dhh12

dhh12 Member

I'm about a year out also - Tesla replied to me that they are back ordered. But I just started my local dealer making the inquiries now - no clue on this delay.

5. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

I ordered Jan 2019, folllowed up April 2019 still nothing. Went to sevicd center to check and emailed referral program.

• Like x 1
  6. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

I did run into a guy at the Dublin, CA service center a couple months ago taking delivery of his wheels. He said it had been over a year and smiled when he said "be patient, they'll eventually show up".

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. CuriousM3

CuriousM3 Member

Good to know, everything else on referral came within a decent timeframe, guess i will check back next year

8. outie

outie Active Member

A year out? I'll be in a new car by then.

How do they notify you? The service center will contact you?

9. Grassright

Grassright Member

Anyone got the wheels recently? I am in a long wait as well...

10. jgrgnt

jgrgnt Supporting Member

I selected my 22" referral wheels in the app on February 1st and was told 8-10 weeks by the customer service rep I was working with at the time. (I had issues with referral awards not showing up in the app, so the rep was helping me out.) He said to contact him if I didn't hear back from my service center after 10 weeks. I waited 12 weeks, then followed up again. This was the reply I received:

This was a few weeks ago. I have an appointment with my SC (made via the app) to have the wheels installed next month. We'll see if the wheels are actually there when I show up.

11. callmehere

callmehere Member

My wheels are finally in supposedly and I have an appt to have them installed on June 4th, can't wait!

12. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

The wheels can take over a year in some cases. That being said Tesla SC will actually bug you to pick them up/install when they do finally arrive. Most SC dont have space for them

13. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

If they are you just managed to skip the line by 20 weeks.

• Like x 1
  14. pchan

pchan Member

My Model X lease is over while waiting for the wheels ... Planning to order another X or S in couple months when/if they have the 'facelift'. Hope Tesla won't 'stole' my wheels saying I don't have my old Tesla anymore!

15. tslamir

tslamir Member

Latest response from Tesla:

"I appreciate the follow up. We are excited to be providing this reward to all qualified owners, and currently, expect this to be fulfilled by early fall. We do not have photos at this time. We appreciate your patience and will provide further information as soon as we are able to."

16. hill

hill Active Member

If it's any consolation, electrek [sp?] did an article onyou can see pictures on the delays & cars they were delivered to. 52Lbs - 54Lbs. Seems like a hefty wheel to be called performance. But, hey they're free.

17. tslamir

tslamir Member

Link?

18. jgrgnt

jgrgnt Supporting Member

Did you receive them?

19. jgrgnt

jgrgnt Supporting Member

Yup, the 22" Model X wheels are actually not forged. They are regular cast aluminum and are very, very heavy. I weighed a previous set at 37.6lbs front, 40.4lbs rear.

But they look awesome!

• Like x 1
  20. Grassright

Grassright Member

Make an appointment directly with your local service center. That's the new procedure for referral wheels.
    I got my wheels installed in a week (from Fremont center)

• Like x 1