Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forget mud flaps and PPF - turn your Y into a Camper Van !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
I just stumbled across this YT video [1] of some guy up in Canada turning his Y into a Camper Van. Looks like he did it before with a 3

How I Built My Tesla Model Y SUV Camper (Kitchen, Bed, Storage, DreamCase)

He does extraordinarily good work with some fairly advanced techniques considering his step one is to buy some fairly basic tools. I think he must have a bit of a background in this area. Looks like there's an entire channel including vids where he takes it for a shakedown cruise

I think I might give this a try

[1] ...and it's actually a well produced video too. none of that shaky, blurry, out of focus kak that begins with either "What's up guys?" or "Hello You Tuuuuuubers" and with the unintelligable voice over that consists mostly of "errrrrrrr"

Just saw the video! Looks awesome although I wonder how comfy it is to sleep in there being that high up towards the roof glass. I have the tesmat which is a pretty thin memory foam matress and I cant even sit up. Hmmm

Just saw the video! Looks awesome although I wonder how comfy it is to sleep in there being that high up towards the roof glass. I have the tesmat which is a pretty thin memory foam matress and I cant even sit up. Hmmm
Seems uncomfortable and no space to carry your other belongings. I’ll be camping in mine but I’ll be remote and leave stuff outside. Nothing can replace the luxury of an RV, Sprinter, or hotel room.

Reactions: jpy1980