Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forget the truck (please), can we talk about that trainwreck of a reveal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Thanksgiving from Elon... :cool:

img_2880-jpg.482876

Everytime it did not break, it was not firmly held giving it a bit of flexibility. This is true for the ball drop tests also. And when it shattered it was held tight. That is the only explanation I can see.

I think you're right because the clamps kept releasing after the glass was hit during the ball drop demo. I thought it was kind of odd that they had to reclamp the glass after each drop. But now it makes sense as it allowed the impact shock to be less on the glass.

I think you're right because the clamps kept releasing after the glass was hit during the ball drop demo. I thought it was kind of odd that they had to reclamp the glass after each drop. But now it makes sense as it allowed the impact shock to be less on the glass.
I think those cheesy slight-of-the-hand magician glass demos in the end did not enhance the reputation of the truck, IMO. The primary capability of a truck is taking loads and pulling trailers. Unbreakable glass is just icing on the cake.

The F150 tug-of-war demo although brilliant, should have been done with an AWD - comparable costs. I don't care if they were both empty. Keep them both empty and AWD, that would have been apples to apples comparison. Only gave fodder for the haters.

Instead they could have spent time showing a handy man actually plugging in and using the 240V, use the air pump, show a video of CT pulling a horse trailer, on a highway up an incline. Show the truck bed loaded to the max and accelerating with ease.

Last edited:
Instead they could have spent time showing a handy man actually plugging in and using the 240V, use the air pump, show a video of CT pulling a horse trailer, on a highway up an incline.
It wasn't 240V, Elon specifically said 220V. Unless he was confused like most people, that it's 120V/240V, not 110V/220V. Hasn't been 110V/220V in this country, in a really long time.