Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Forgetful" seat memory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since purchasing the car I've had difficulty finding the "perfect" seat position for myself. On a couple occasions I've found it and saved it to my driver profile. However, it seems like when I get back in the car and the seat moves from the easy entry position, it doesn't move back to the same settings that I had saved previously. Additionally, when I continue to adjust the seat position but press "restore," more than one part of the seat restores despite only adjusting one part since the last save.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so have you been able to solve the issue outside of a service center visit?

Hi. I thought I had it resolved using the the “SERVICE” tab then Seat and Steering Calibration, but now the seat settings are unreliable again. I get an error that “Seat and Steering Calibration not successful. Try again later.“. It seems will need to schedule a visit. At times I just ignore little glitches, but issues are becoming a bit irritating. Software updates should have fixed this - seat/driving position has a relationship to safety. This seat adjustment issue has been going on now for over 6 months.

We haven’t used the car in 2 days and still having problems with saved driver profile seat memory. Really annoying.

Attachments

• 0A625063-3411-4938-B3F5-A326D1371BAE.jpeg
    0A625063-3411-4938-B3F5-A326D1371BAE.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 154
We haven’t used the car in 2 days and still having problems with saved driver profile seat memory. Really annoying.
Interestingly enough I had a M3 loaner for about a week. I adjusted the seat once, still used easy entry, and every time I got in the seat was perfect. Since getting it back, I feel like it's been better...maybe I've just gotten picky and subconsciously know that the seat in my car will never be right.

Had to go to Tesla service center today. Lots of fiddling under the seat with tools by a Tech. There was talk of maybe I needed a new seat motor (car has under 1,750 miles). Finally, I’m not sure exactly what the Tech adjusted but, he got it to work properly (at least for now). The profiles seem to be properly saved. We shall see. Tech was patient and diligent in resolving this issue. My wife is 5’3” so the seat needs to have a good forward position or she cannot drive. Huge issue for us. Seat adjustment difficulty is an odd problem to have on an essentially new car.