Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forgive me Elon for I have sinned! (HUD rough in)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This actually looks good, nice and clean.
I really wish Tesla had an option for the HUD or if their was a 3rd party solution that had a seamless fit (OEM Look).

yr3gXiU.png

I have a sin story to tell, too.

I've had a subscription to Mopar Action (Chrysler products), muscle car enthusiast mag. So when I bought Tessie, I emailed Cliff Gromer, the editor.

"I have sinned. I bought a Tesla," I wrote. His reply:

"Go to confession."

LOL

HUD is a perfect addition to the M3! I used to have HUD in my ‘92 Pontiac SSEi and really missed it when I sold the car. That was a long time ago and I am surprised it wasn’t adopted more over the years.

HUD is a perfect addition to the M3! I used to have HUD in my ‘92 Pontiac SSEi and really missed it when I sold the car. That was a long time ago and I am surprised it wasn’t adopted more over the years.

It's only been a week for me but there is some value to HUD. I use it primarily to watch my speed when driving spiritedly, it easy for me to take a fraction/second to make sure I'm not too aggressive or illegal. Under normal driving or autopilot I don't even look at it, and instead default to the center info screen.

my previous vehicles w/HUDs they were focused at infinity
and their image didn’t lend to clear crisp pictures.
the 113 kph image shows double image...
is that result of camera or is that an accurate depiction?

image shows double image...
is that result of camera or is that an accurate depiction?

The doubling of image is more predominant due to angle of camera, but it does exist. I'm not running a reflective screen, as I find that more annoying and visible from outside, but the doubling exists because of the reflection on the inside and outside of the windscreen. Doesn't bother me but it sounds like not everyone's cup of tea.

Good thing, this is all removable without any changes to the Tesla.

Reactions: adhoc