Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forgot to use my referral code!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you go to pick up the car you can ask Tesla Advisor to add the code to your account. I did that and the referral code was there with 1000 miles free supercharging. You can also call or email your adviser and he should be able to do it without any issue.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I did the same thing!

Go to Tesla.com/support and chat with rep. I spoke with a Monika and she was able to update my recent order. You will need your current telsa VIN number, mileage, email associated to the account and current charge of your Tesla.

she mentioned it would take a week to update.

Good luck! What colour and options did you go for?

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Excellent! Thanks for the replies. Good to hear. It took a little wind out of my sails when I realized it.

I completely understand how you had to feel. When I found out that I forgot the referral code I was mad with myself for forgetting such a simple thing. It gets little upsetting, but the nice things is that there is a simple easy fix to your problem.

I completely understand how you had to feel. When I found out that I forgot the referral code I was mad with myself for forgetting such a simple thing. It gets little upsetting, but the nice things is that there is a simple easy fix to your problem.

Yeah, I scrambled to call the number but of course they are closed now. I didn’t want to stew on it all night. Relief to hear it’s no big deal.

If you haven’t taken delivery or been assigned a VIN yet you can use your order number and order details when reaching out to Tesla. I did the same as you just last week, in my excitement I forgot to enter the referral code, and chat support got me in touch with my advisor. I emailed them my order number and order details along with the referral code and they applied it. No big deal!

Do they not give out the free wall charger anymore?
Nope, that would be ~$500 for free. Possibly if you bought a fully loaded S or X near the end of the quarter and could “rush delivery” you might be able to sweet talk them into that...

But standard is using someone’s referral code gets you 1,000 free supercharger miles and the owner of the code 1,000 free miles.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. They dont have to add it after the fact.
I asked my Tesla Advisor to add my relative's referral code the same day I placed the order in the showroom with her. The advisor said she would add the code at the end of her shift and that could only be done in the back of the showroom. She's been pretty incompetent, and a poor communicator through this whole process. I have asked her to confirm if she has added the code but she has never responded in the affirmative. She responds with canned emails that have nothing to do with what I have asked her. Hopefully, emailing [email protected] will be more effective at getting 1,000 Supercharging miles/person.

You can also call 800 number or email them to add the code. Worked out for me well.
Thanks, I did a Google search and found this thread. I ordered my first Tesla yesterday afternoon (Model 3 SR+) and in my excitement forgot to use the referral link. I emailed them yesterday afternoon, and got an email just a few minutes ago saying that my account was updated:
Thank you for contacting the Tesla Referral Program, congrats on your new Tesla order! Your account has been updated, after you take delivery of your vehicle please see the Loot Box section of the Tesla Mobile App for available miles and expiration date. Additional details and limits of the program can be seen here Referral Program. Welcome to Tesla!