Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Form 8911

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone filled out the Form 8911 to get a tax credit for installing an electric vehicle charging system at your house? If so, would you mind sharing which boxes on the form have values and just put in an example amount using $1,000 or $2,000 for the installation and equipment costs. I've read the form instructions, but I find it unintelligible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, a reminder to all that there is supposed to be a tax credit out there for installing level 2 electrical charging at your house.

I figured out my issue. They've updated the form recently, but I'm using IRS Free File fillable forms and it doesn't have the latest version. Not sure what I'll do as I really don't want to give a random company all the personal information, like SS numbers, that goes on the tax forms. I haven't heard of a hack of one of the tax software companies, but it seems like it is just a matter of time.

Thanks for the recommendation though; I may well decide to go that route.