Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Formatting SSD for Dashcam and Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at purchasing an SSD drive to put my music on along with the Dashcam/ sentry mode video's.

The way I understand this is that I need to have separate partitions to do this.
One partition labeled TeslaCam and the other called Music

Once partitioned do I need make a folder called tesla cam and what do I put into it?
For the music partition, I want to load most of my library.

Right now my music is in folder

Artist>Album>Song1, song 2 etc

I have some artists that have many albums

How would this play out on screen?
I'm an Apple music user and carplay I can scroll down and pick an album, artist or song or I can play entire albums or random shuffle through any and all songs from all artists.

Yes two partitions, you can call the partitions anything you want. In the partition to be used for the Tesla cam you need to create a folder named TeslaCam - you do not need to do anything else.

As to the partition for your music, you can organize it anyway you want. My advice is to start with a test. Create a few folders as you might want them and populate them. Then in the car, select the music option, USB, and see if your approach is a good one.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Yes two partitions, you can call the partitions anything you want. In the partition to be used for the Tesla cam you need to create a folder named TeslaCam - you do not need to do anything else.

As to the partition for your music, you can organize it anyway you want. My advice is to start with a test. Create a few folders as you might want them and populate them. Then in the car, select the music option, USB, and see if your approach is a good one.
how to use the same USB drive for Dashcam as well? any idea?

Reactions: svsk135