Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Former muscle car owner - thoughts and opinions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s also dealer specific. They try to say you don’t want to do every 10k but should do it earlier. Haha. Also I drive 15-20k a year so I do it 2-3 x a year.

Not just dealers. I was at Firestore to get a lifetime alignment... they recommended that I change my oil at 5k mile intervals despite Toyota recommending 10k miles. I guess there continues to be a sucker born every minute. ;)

For most of my ICE owning career service intervals were often 7500 miles (the engine oil ads tell you 3000) so driving the average 14k a year is pretty close.
Service intervals do seem to be climbing, maybe some better tech, maybe once some manufacturers starting including the first 3 years service for free and the cost was on them.
If pennsoil sold blinker fluids they'd probably tell you to change that, too. Doesn't make it actual practice.
And if you paid $600 twice a year to change your oil, well i dont know what to tell you....

lexus, bmw, Mercedes to name a few. They usually tell you to come in every 5-10k miles. That’s usually two times a year.
I have those cars and no they don't.

I know everyone loves their Tesla and all, but the hysteria about other cars is a bit too much

If pennsoil sold blinker fluids they'd probably tell you to change that, too. Doesn't make it actual practice.
And if you paid $600 twice a year to change your oil, well i dont know what to tell you....

I have those cars and no they don't.

I know everyone loves their Tesla and all, but the hysteria about other cars is a bit too much
so you're dealer is the same as my dealer? no? thought so.

• Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan
I just got a (used) 2017 S two weeks ago. My Dinan-stage 2 tuned manual 335xi is sitting in the driveway waiting to get cleaned up to be sold. I’m done. I live in New Jersey and our roads are completely trashed here (US News says they are 47th in the nation in terms of quality, although how Pennsylvania manages to beat us at #41 is beyond me... I once drove down a highway and there were literally trees growing in the pavement). It’s a miracle to drive around in this car and not feel “the infamous BMW explosion.” When I want to zoom, I zoom, but mainly I just enjoy myself now. And I haven’t had the desire to drive the 335xi *once* since I bought the Model S.

The Challenger was a manual transmission and daily driver.

although the noise was glorious at times, when it's 7 am and I'm heading off to work, it was a bit annoying.

Great post! Can you tell me why when you drove a Challenger you didn't spare a thought about the execs pollution spouting out of the tailpipe? no guilty feeling at all?

I hear people all the time making the argument that the sound of a fossil car somehow is more important than the clean air. do you understand this type of thinking?

• Disagree
Reactions: focher and iamnid
Great post! Can you tell me why when you drove a Challenger you didn't spare a thought about the execs pollution spouting out of the tailpipe? no guilty feeling at all?

I hear people all the time making the argument that the sound of a fossil car somehow is more important than the clean air. do you understand this type of thinking?

Concur, air and noise pollution. Horrible!

Imagine the sound the fossils made before they were fossils.

Can you tell me why when you drive your new Tesla you didn't spare a thought about a new 4000 pound hunk of metal being manufactured from scratch?

I hear people all the time making the argument driving their own car somehow is more important than taking public transportation? No guilty feeling at all?