Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Formula One Stratos Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black M3...would like to hear personal thoughts on window tinting. I am leaning towards this Formula One Stratos Window Tint for the car, 30% sides; 50% one piece (60") back window; nothing on the front window. Thoughts by everyone?

I really liked Pinnacle on my last two cars at 35%. Was plenty dark for me without looking blackout and attracting attention (from the police). Installs were flawless.

Switched to crystalline 40 for my M3 and I don't like it as much. The color isn't neutral and it's much more transparent. Install seemed harder (the film is thicker and more technique sensitive) and there are more tiny flaws.

I wish I had gone back to Pinnacle and would have considered Stratos, but most reviews ive read don't think Stratos is worth the premium over Pinnacle.

Pics attached

Attachments

• 68ADDD83-358B-4A4C-A4EE-6838294EE682.jpeg
    68ADDD83-358B-4A4C-A4EE-6838294EE682.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 3,562
How does the back roof look from the inside? 15% on top of the stock tint. Especially next to the 70% on the sunroof. Big difference?

There’s a definitive difference. At night it’s hard to see anything directly above if you’re sitting in the back. During the day, you can see fine directly above from the back but it’s much darker than the OEM tint and darker than the sunroof.

Personally, I’ll never sit in the back so it doesn’t matter to me and everyone who has sat in the back since I got my tint still thinks it’s awesome they can see out of a window above their heads.

Reactions: jelly
I want to tint my sunroof but not sure tint percentage yet. Do you mind taking a pic of your sunroof looking up? On the fence with going a little darker than 70% right now.

Here you go. first pic is looking up and back towards the rear seats, second is looking directly up from driver seat. These were taken at 5:37pm. Sorry about the glare. Hope this helps.

image.jpg image.jpg

Here you go. first pic is looking up and back towards the rear seats, second is looking directly up from driver seat. These were taken at 5:37pm. Sorry about the glare. Hope this helps.

View attachment 329614 View attachment 329615
Thanks. That is quite clear and doesn't look that much different than stock. It feels like 50% would work out since I want it a little bit darker.

Reactions: nalang