Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Formula One Stratos Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you. I think 70% is better choice than 50%. I capture screeshot of my car from my video. I think the picture look closer than the still picture. It shows how 70% looks like when it has 35% windows. Please note that I have white interior. Black interior will surely look darker. You can ask the shop to show the comparison before making the final decision.

For sunroof, I cropped my roof picture. You can see untinted roof vs tinted (35%) roof. I can still see outside but white interior will have slighly more reflection on picture. But it depends on the angle, sun and weather to take picture to see thru the sky. You could tint lighter (to let more light to go thru) or tint it later when needed. Since my primary reason of the tint for reducing IR and UV, I endup tint it. I will find out whether the tint help further reduce the IR from the roof as soon as summer is arrived (in Southern California).

View attachment 396047

View attachment 396043 View attachment 396044
Great comparison pictures thanks!

My main reason for wanting to tint the rear/roof is because the lower part of it is not really tinted and I want to make that part match the side window tint. But I also don't want to only tint part of the rear/roof window, and the shop I'm going to does it one piece anyway.

I think I'm going to pass on tinting the front/roof window and just get the removable sunshade for it since it would be nice to have that part removable and less dark for the "cooler" months of the year. It's also cheaper! :)

Great comparison pictures thanks!

My main reason for wanting to tint the rear/roof is because the lower part of it is not really tinted and I want to make that part match the side window tint. But I also don't want to only tint part of the rear/roof window, and the shop I'm going to does it one piece anyway.

I think I'm going to pass on tinting the front/roof window and just get the removable sunshade for it since it would be nice to have that part removable and less dark for the "cooler" months of the year. It's also cheaper! :)

If you are doing the large windows, doing it in one peice is the best move. Since I live in S California, I remember the heat without the ceramic tint is quite hot. I picked up my car in Dec. I can feel the heat when I was driving it on my way home. My friend who sat at the passenger seat had direct sunlight to him for 1 hour. He felt sick.