Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ForMyTesla Dead Pedal review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full disclosure: I have no personal relationship with ForMyTesla.com outside of purchasing this product for my Model X. I placed a pre-order for the dead pedal a couple of weeks ago and it came in today. As the website description states, it's made of 5 mm aluminum plate with grooves cut into the plate, as opposed to the rubber ribs that protrude from the stock performance pedals. The aluminum appears to have a brushed finish and is free from milling marks or defects. The grooves are cut deeply and cleanly into the face of the aluminum and coated with a matte black finish. The pedal attaches to the carpet with pre-installed sticky fiber tape and seems to hold very well. A small, red plastic pick is included to aid in removal of the tape backing before installation. I have no reason to believe that it will easily separate from the vehicle upholstery without very intentional force. The appearance very closely matches the performance pedals. I'm pleased with the product and would recommend it to anyone concerned with the lack of a dead pedal, especially now that winter is around the corner.

IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0650.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0655.JPG

I got my dead pedal from ForMyTesla.com a few days ago but just got the time today to install it. Since my car is not a P, I first had to add the Tesla performance pedals that you can get on Tesla.com and they install for you.

The installation is trivial. There are three pieces of double sided tape on the back. There is a little red tool that takes the place of your finger nail to remove the backing and then you just press it into place. What I did was to remove the tiny strip in the middle and then positioned the pedal where I wanted it to be and pressed firmly. That is enough enough tape to hold it forever, but will allow you to visualize the placement until you feel comfortable with it.

Once you have it perfect, put a few pieces of masking tape on the top and side to mark the spot. Peel off the dead pedal and then remove all of the backing. Then line it up with your tape, press firmly and then remove your masking tape guides.

Here is my dead pedal along with the Tesla performance pedals and my ForMyTesla.com custom mats. I might add that there is no drilling, or carpet removal required. It uses double sided carpet tape. It's very strong as I tested it extensively last month. I also like that you can peel it off if you want to. When I did it almost no carpet stuck to the pedal and all I need was a light brushing to restore the carpet underneath the pedal to new condition.

IMG_4679 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4680 (Medium).JPG
IMG_4681 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
I got my dead pedal from ForMyTesla.com a few days ago but just got the time today to install it. Since my car is not a P, I first had to add the Tesla performance pedals that you can get on Tesla.com and they install for you.

The installation is trivial. There are three pieces of double sided tape on the back. There is a little red tool that takes the place of your finger nail to remove the backing and then you just press it into place. What I did was to remove the tiny strip in the middle and then positioned the pedal where I wanted it to be and pressed firmly. That is enough enough tape to hold it forever, but will allow you to visualize the placement until you feel comfortable with it.

Once you have it perfect, put a few pieces of masking tape on the top and side to mark the spot. Peel off the dead pedal and then remove all of the backing. Then line it up with your tape, press firmly and then remove your masking tape guides.

Here is my dead pedal along with the Tesla performance pedals and my ForMyTesla.com custom mats. I might add that there is no drilling, or carpet removal required. It uses double sided carpet tape. It's very strong as I tested it extensively last month. I also like that you can peel it off if you want to. When I did it almost no carpet stuck to the pedal and all I need was a light brushing to restore the carpet underneath the pedal to new condition.

View attachment 196739 View attachment 196740 View attachment 196741

I like your carpets. Did you also get those from ForMyTesla.com?