Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Lauderdale: Electric boat ride on the New River...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to check out a Tesla Model S and pick owners brain before I order.
Will trade for a ride in my electric boat on the river, refreshments included.
The boat is on a private dock in the Citrus Isles, zip code 33315.
Close to SR 84 and the Old Heidelberg Deli.

Hmm, no replies, 65 views.
Could be a classic carjacking/internet scam, come and meet me with your expensive car and we will talk..:love:

I better post a picture of the electric boat, with the registration numbers clearly visible:

_897591.jpg

The boat was docked at Shirttail Charlie's in Fort Lauderdale. (The new name now is Pirate's Republic)
Picture is 2-3 months old.
The boat is a highly modified Duffy Balboa 18'.
8 Golf Cart Batteries, 5 HP motor, perfect River Cruiser.
I am a licensed boat captain, which means clean criminal history, the USCG don't hand out
tickets to bad guys.
For a bit of history on the boat since I bought it 2 years ago, see this
link:
http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/duffy-electric-boats.21527/

(if you are interested in Electric boats in particular, or boats in general)

Need to check out a Tesla Model S and pick owners brain before I order.
Will trade for a ride in my electric boat on the river, refreshments included.
The boat is on a private dock in the Citrus Isles, zip code 33315.
Close to SR 84 and the Old Heidelberg Deli.

The high view count is likely people like myself that browse all new activity and click on links with interesting titles, regardless of this being in the Florida sub-category.

I am interested, but have a full schedule up until June 20th. If you're interested let me know. Also you can go to Tesla's location in Dania Beach and I bet that you might run into an owner there, especially if it's a weekday later in the morning and someone comes for service. Just give them a call beforehand.

I am interested, but have a full schedule up until June 20th. If you're interested let me know. Also you can go to Tesla's location in Dania Beach and I bet that you might run into an owner there, especially if it's a weekday later in the morning and someone comes for service. Just give them a call beforehand.

Yup, been to the Dania Beach location. All good and friendly people.
I kinda off would like to sit down and chat with a Tesla owner for an hour or so, not feeling rushed with the sales departments who would rather be in the office making money rather than hanging out and talking little details.

Got Tesla Owner friends, but in different states, we yakk on the phone, but show me the charging port, the trunk this and that, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, the electric boat goes out every day.
just got back now after 2 New River Cruises today.
No need to wait 2-3 weeks and make an appointment. My house is on a canal, my boat is at my
dock in the back yard, short notice a okay. Looking for Tesla guys in my neghorhood wanting to go boating
on short notice. Super casual...:eek:

I would totally do this if I was down there. Dr K. wants to see window tints and isn't getting much luck either. Don't know what it is with S. Florida owners. Maybe the two of you should take a road trip up here where you could see my 85, Great Dane's P85 and FLDarren's plasti-dipped 60 and we'll all talk your ears off about all things Tesla.

.I would totally do this if I was down there. Dr K. wants to see window tints and isn't getting much luck either. Don't know what it is with S. Florida owners. Maybe the two of you should take a road trip up here where you could see my 85, Great Dane's P85 and FLDarren's plasti-dipped 60 and we'll all talk your ears off about all things Tesla.

Roger that Mr. Lol Rick.
Unfortunately you are 3:30 hrs away, that would be a 7 hr round trip for Fort Lauderdale guys like me, and perhaps less for the good Doctor K.
I was rather hoping to meet local Tesla dudes here in Fort Lauderdale, pick their brains, and hoping
they would bring bikini girls for a boat ride on the New River.:biggrin:

. . . Dr K. wants to see window tints and isn't getting much luck either. Don't know what it is with S. Florida owners. . .

Don't assume.

I offered to Dr K when he first posted, and he asked me to contact him via text or email in a PM. I sent two texts. No reply. Sent a PM the next day. No reply.

So I'll try again. Norseman, I'll be glad to talk to you any afternoon or evening about Teslas minus the gracious boat ride offer. Unfortunately, I'm leaving town for a week Wednesday. I'm in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Last edited:
Sorry Norseman, I just noticed your posts here. I'd gladly met with you as well if you still feel like chatting with someone else in the area, and adding a P85 to the list. It would give you an opportunity to see a really early build, which you may want to see if you're considering a CPO.