Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Lauderdale: Recommendation for 14-50 installer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking keys on a year rental next week -- already have permission to install 14-50 outlet on site (either garage or just outside).

Any recommendation for a good electrician in the area that has done work for other members? I can always search via Angie's List ... but figured to try the group first.

Thanks,

Jeff

I just installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet at my house with the help of a contractor/electrician friend. It involved a new 50 amp breaker in the panel, running the 6g wires through conduit for 40 feet in the crawl space, strapped in position along the way, and drilling the concrete holes to get into and out of the space. Total material cost was less than $150 including the all-in-one 14-50 outlet and box from Home Depot. Labor charge was dinner! Job took 3 hours. The Tesla recommended electrician quoted $2100!! Hooray for friends.

NewI used Moe 786-897-4851 he installed my NEMA 14-50 outlet for $350. He even came out same day to do the work ....called him up about 2 days after estimate and about 2 hrs after the call new outlet :) Great guy, easy to work with and very timely.

I received about 5 other quotes ranging from $600 to $1200. They all gave me different prices for the outlet or the HPWC Moe explained to me he would not charge Extra for the outlet vs the HPWC because he would be running the same wires.....I was going to keep the setting at 50amp as I do not have a dual charger. All other quotes the price went up $300 to $400 more to install HPWC.