Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Myers, FL Gulf Coast Supercharger too close?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I start, why can we not have a Forum for Supercharging, one for Service? Or do we?
That does not relate to the model we drive?

A brand new SC has just opened at Colonial and 6 mile in Fort Myers.

This one is equidistant from Daniels Parkway ... at Gulf Coast.

Someone just rumored that Gulf Coast was closing given the "peculiar" location 10 miles North.

Can anyone confirm this?

Before I start, why can we not have a Forum for Supercharging, one for Service? Or do we?
That does not relate to the model we drive?

A brand new SC has just opened at Colonial and 6 mile in Fort Myers.

This one is equidistant from Daniels Parkway ... at Gulf Coast.

Someone just rumored that Gulf Coast was closing given the "peculiar" location 10 miles North.

Can anyone confirm this?

There are a number of topics that cross vehicle models, for which it’s be good to have a single, consolidated forum or forum hierarchy.

For the specific question you have, this probably belongs in a regional forum...I’m going to move your post to the Florida section where people most familiar with the area would be able to comment.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: jbcarioca and Chuq
There are a number of topics that cross vehicle models, for which it’s be good to have a single, consolidated forum or forum hierarchy.

For the specific question you have, this probably belongs in a regional forum...I’m going to move your post to the Florida section where people most familiar with the area would be able to comment.

Bruce.
Thanks Bruce for moving this post to the Florida sub-forum.

Hi GreenT,

I'm afraid I don't understand your comment about the new Fort Myers Supercharger Station at Dani Drive being equidistant from Daniels Parkway at Gulf Coast.

The new Fort Myers Supercharger Station is about 10 miles north of the Supercharger Station at Gulf Coast Town Center, which in turns is about 40 miles north of the Supercharger Station at Naples. A new "Coming Soon" Supercharger Station planned for North Naples will be about 9 miles north of the existing Naples Supercharger at Bayfront. When all of the mass produced Model 3s hit the roads all of those Supercharger Stations will be needed and their close spacing won't really matter.

In the past the Gulf Coast Town Center has suffered some adverse financial situations. In 2016 the mall defaulted on its loan and was taken over by Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo Bank takes over Gulf Coast Town Center.

Since then DK Capital bought Gulf Coast Town Center out of receivership late last year and they are investing $5 million in renovations. Exclusive: New Gulf Coast Town Center owner shares renovation plans.

Personally, I doubt the Gulf Coast Town Center or the Supercharger Station located there is going anywhere and the rumors are based on old information regarding the old bankruptcy. One speculative theory is that when Tesla approached Wells Fargo to expand the existing Gulf Coast Town Center Supercharger Station, the bankers were clueless about charging stations, so Tesla looked elsewhere for a nearby location located right off of i-75.

It wouldn't surprise me that now that the mall has a new management company that knows the business and the value of having Tesla Supercharger Stations to attract business, that at some point in the future we may see an expansion of the the existing station.

Larry

The rumor came from a neighbor of mine who ... claims to have owned a Model S a while back ... and has friends in "high management" at Tesla ...
Equidistant ... understand?
Gulf Coast and the new SC happen to be equidistant to Daniels Parkway. 5 miles each.
Naples and North Naples are irrelevant to this conversation.
I am simply asking if anyone can confirm this?

Can a mod change the subject - correct the typo - assuming I made the typo?
Forty Myers should be Fort Myers

In general to get a mod’s attention the best way is to report the post, and they’ll see it. (I don’t have mod privileges on this part of the forums, or I’d do it, and yeah I should have fixed the typo when it was still in “my” area.)

Bruce.

The rumor came from a neighbor of mine who ... claims to have owned a Model S a while back ... and has friends in "high management" at Tesla ...
Equidistant ... understand?
Gulf Coast and the new SC happen to be equidistant to Daniels Parkway. 5 miles each.
Naples and North Naples are irrelevant to this conversation.
I am simply asking if anyone can confirm this?

I'm trying real hard to understand your angst here and as well trying to ignore this puzzler: Claims to have owned an S, doesn't any longer but yet has high mgt friends at Tesla.

I guess I'll play this straight.

You don't show your location so perhaps you're not aware of the # of local Tesla owners plus influx by the thousands "in season" that would necessitate multiple SC'S.

It has NOTHING to do with seasonal people. I live in the area. Full time.
What angst?
I am SIMPLY trying to find out if this neighbor of mine has his "facts*" straight. *Is Gulf Coast being closed?
Nothing more. Nothing less. Geez.