Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Smith, AR (unconfirmed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location seems like a no brainier, but so far I have not seen anything from Tesla regarding this location.
It is at least very difficult if not impossible to make it from the Joplin, Missouri supercharger to any points southwest. This would also make it much easier for folks traveling east or west on I 40.
Considering the number of Teslas in the Bentonville/Rogers area, ( Walmart corporate headquarters, so lots of corporate execs from Walmart and their suppliers ), this seems odd. Is there some sort of problem getting these set up in Arkansas? So far the only one in the state is in Little Rock.

Arkansas has been widely ignorned by Tesla since the beginning. I've sent emails, begged, etc for over 5 years now, all to no avail. We need a SpC in Conway area. We need one in the Ft.Smith area. We need one in West Plains, MO or Jonesboro, AR area and we need one in the mid-South of Arkansas. But the market is small (not withstanding a few pockets of money) and they are focused on high sales areas. Problem is, some of those larger markets want to travel through Arkansas and just can't.

Reactions: hill and mobe
Arkansas has been widely ignorned by Tesla since the beginning. I've sent emails, begged, etc for over 5 years now, all to no avail. We need a SpC in Conway area. We need one in the Ft.Smith area. We need one in West Plains, MO or Jonesboro, AR area and we need one in the mid-South of Arkansas. But the market is small (not withstanding a few pockets of money) and they are focused on high sales areas. Problem is, some of those larger markets want to travel through Arkansas and just can't.

I did see that they are showing Rogers, Ft. Smith and Russellville as "future" sites.

• Informative
Reactions: efusco
Agreed. Had to drive an ICE car over Christmas vacation to visit family. I40 between OKC and Little Rock is a dead zone and way too far to make it on one charge. Similarly, once in Arkansas there is no way to get anywhere without a supercharger. Fort Smith. Russlevill, and Conway would all be great locations. Fort Smith is the highest priority though.

Edit: These might be low traffic areas for locals but I thought the whole point of supercharging was travel. Even just four stalls would be be helpful. Instead Tesla is building out a lot more locations and adding stalls for areas dense with owners who presumably are local charging

I did see that they are showing Rogers, Ft. Smith and Russellville as "future" sites.
Future sites - the concept is apparently farther out than imagined. What - it's been nearly ¾yr since Fort Smith was patiently called a future site. The in-laws live in the border city Van Buren, just across the river. Anyone get any hints of a permit being applied for, anywhere in that immediate area yet?

I just wish we could get some type of status updates regarding the pending Superchargers. Something like, "broke ground" or "pending approval." Something is better than nothing....

Check out the Supercharger Progress wiki. It has alot of details like approvals by city council, when plans are submitted for review etc. Unfortunately, there is nothing on Fort Smith because nobody has found any evidence of progress.

I am really struggling with this. Tesla keeps building superchargers in and around Kansas City but none in Arkansas. Aren’t they supposed to be for “long distance” travel. Why keep building them in metropolitan areas. The Waltons own several teslas, looks like they would have some pull?

I finally went out and got a CHAdeMO adapter for my Model X and tried it out at one of the Electrify America stations at Walmart in Clarkesville today. Not ideal compared to a Supercharger, but it's the only option I have to make it back and forth to Fayetteville from Little Rock and still range and fast charging times.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
If you have, or can borrow, a CHAdeMO adapter, there are a couple of CHAdeMO chargers along the LR->OKC route in Roland and Sallisaw. There's also one in Henryetta and they actually HAVE a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter you can borrow---if you can get that far. There is a fee to charge there, however.

upload_2020-7-24_8-40-49.png