Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Wayne North charging (not Supercharger)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove through the parking lot of the new Meijer under construction on Dupont Road on the north side of Ft Wayne today. There are 2 spaces, then a no parking area, then several more spaces on the west end of the parking lot where I suspect CCS and Superchargers will be installed. Power conduits already underground. Still no luck finding permit, but I think the signs might be a giveaway.
20220306_131538.jpg

Interesting possibility. Seems odd though given that there's already a Supercharger on the north side of Fort Wayne. I would think a better option for a new one would be the south side. It would better serve folks traveling towards Indianapolis from Ohio on 24, taking the south loop around Fort Wayne.

Reactions: Hoosierdaddi
Interesting possibility. Seems odd though given that there's already a Supercharger on the north side of Fort Wayne. I would think a better option for a new one would be the south side. It would better serve folks traveling towards Indianapolis from Ohio on 24, taking the south loop around Fort Wayne.
This location should be easier to get to from 69 than the current one though or if one was built at the Illionis road Meijer.

I agree! I think having a supercharger location on the south side especially somewhere on 469 would reduce the travel time by 10 mins when traveling to Detroit from Indianapolis or vice versa.

Reactions: Hoosierdaddi
I suspect this will be a Level 2 charging station. I've been to two Meijers now that had level 2 charging when I really needed supercharging. But still, I like it this will be important for people who can't charge at home or work. They might even be free. I suppose another possibility would be Electrify America, but I don't see Ft. Wayne on their coming soon map.