Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fort Worth Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by in early December (2019) and there were no changes to report. If anything, it looked even more abandoned than earlier in the year.

Really disappointing for those of us on the "wrong" side of Hwy 360.

Perhaps 2020 will be more kind now that Tesla is making money again?

I used the mobile service and they are quick and efficient. I tried to schedule an appointment out a few weeks to have them come to my house on a Saturday. They contacted me to come out the next day. I couldn't miss work so they came to my work place and did the repair and emailed me the invoice to sign. I didn't have to be there for the work to be done. Best service appointment I have ever had!

I used the mobile service and they are quick and efficient. I tried to schedule an appointment out a few weeks to have them come to my house on a Saturday. They contacted me to come out the next day. I couldn't miss work so they came to my work place and did the repair and emailed me the invoice to sign. I didn't have to be there for the work to be done. Best service appointment I have ever had!

Concur! Mobile Service can be great, but for those issues that require a service visit, driving to Dallas is a major PIA.

We NEED a Fort Worth Service Center, or at least Mid-Cities!

I brought this up yesterday at my service center visit in Dallas yesterday, and it sounds like it may open in the next few months. I was told the lifts are installed and it will need to secure some permits and hire employees, but hopefully 2nd quarter of this year and we will have a service center in Fort Worth.

In other news, I am now scheduled for HW3 install in Dallas next month. My car is now on the list for installs and it takes 2 around weeks to get the parts ordered.

Actual forward progress on the Fort Worth service center:

IMG_0440.JPEG
IMG_0441.JPEG

Drove by it today. There were several trucks and workers. A worker was painting a door, and others were working on landscaping. No idea what it means. I hope it means that it will open at some point.

Sure does.

Rumor suggests it will open next month (March, 2020); it so overdue!

I hope Tesla will make this a major media event, AS IT SHOULD, but one never knows with Tesla . . . .

I have charged twice at Whitmore street, once the 3rd weekend in January and once the first weekend in March 2020. Very nice, very clean install. Fast, but I was the only one there, and don't remember the speed.
The first time I went there, I had just rented a Model 3 to see if I wanted one. Was headed for a 200 mile drive to Abilene. So I have about 20 miles in a Tesla under my belt. Plugged in, and began exploring the screen.
Then, Holy Jesus ! I smell SMOKE! I'm in someone else's $45000 car!
I jump out of the car, (I maintain broadcast stations, and am sensitive to essence du overheating components), and begin sniffing around.
Nearly ruptured myself laughing when I realized there is a Barbecue joint on the other side of the fence.
Oh yeah, I ordered my Tesla 30 minutes after I got back from Abilene, and ordered the second one for my wife a week after I got my first one.

Sure does.

Rumor suggests it will open next month (March, 2020); it so overdue!

I hope Tesla will make this a major media event, AS IT SHOULD, but one never knows with Tesla . . . .
They have hung a sign over the bay doors that says SERVICE and there is now a Tesla charger installed in the parking lot. My daughter took a couple of pictures and I’ll try posting them here

Attachments

• F66DE80B-93DC-4CFD-AFE6-74F59FEB91BA.jpeg
    F66DE80B-93DC-4CFD-AFE6-74F59FEB91BA.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 88
  • C437D97C-B51A-4474-8E79-1473E5B518BE.jpeg
    C437D97C-B51A-4474-8E79-1473E5B518BE.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: NoPetrolDream
Any good work around to get someone on thee phone there? I get lost in the phone tree and just say forget it....

I don't think you'll ever reach a human over the phone any more--it's Elon's vision I guess.

I've found that a personal visit works wonders as they're quite helpful in person, especially Jimy (Svs Manager) and Alex (service writer).

Reactions: bigroo42