Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum headers changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before when I was in the Model 3 forum, when I would scroll down in the main forum headings or in individual threads, the Model 3 forum link was always at the top of the screen when I would scroll down *see attachment". Now when I scroll down, the model 3 link is no longer there. That link was convenient for going back to the main Model 3 forum regardless of where you were in the forum itself or thread that you are in. Or is it just my browser?

Attachments

• forum.JPG
    forum.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 50
Along these same lines, on my iPhone 6, the top three forum headers are now (see image)

And "Watched Threads" is now gone from the top menu, it's now the last option on the "..." submenu.

I can't imagine that "Wikiposts" is in more demand than "Watched Threads" which I use constantly. Now it's a tedious and very precise "touch" to hit those three TINY dots and then select "Watched Threads" in the sub menu.. it also takes a lot more time.

I don't know if this was intentional, or why "New Posts", "Wikiposts", and "What's New?" are higher priority than "Watched Threads", but I have to imagine that most people use "Watched Threads" and/or "New Posts" most often.. but does "WikiPosts" really need to be on the top menu for mobile?

thanks.

upload_2016-6-24_17-12-50.png

Along these same lines, on my iPhone 6, the top three forum headers are now (see image)

And "Watched Threads" is now gone from the top menu, it's now the last option on the "..." submenu.

I can't imagine that "Wikiposts" is in more demand than "Watched Threads" which I use constantly. Now it's a tedious and very precise "touch" to hit those three TINY dots and then select "Watched Threads" in the sub menu.. it also takes a lot more time.

I don't know if this was intentional, or why "New Posts", "Wikiposts", and "What's New?" are higher priority than "Watched Threads", but I have to imagine that most people use "Watched Threads" and/or "New Posts" most often.. but does "WikiPosts" really need to be on the top menu for mobile?

thanks.

View attachment 182512

Try clicking on the "what's new". I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it. It brings up your unread options in your followed forums etc... Pretty cool. I think I'll use it more often.

Edit:

Ok, really seems to only work w watching forums. Other options in "what's new" seems redundant. So now I'm more ambivalent. Back to pushing the ...

Last edited:
Still want to see the locked header menu at the top have the forum that you are currently in while scrolling down (see attachment in original post). I'm not necessarily interested in all new posts but I do like to go back to the main forum for the topic I am in (ie Model 3) so I can pick and choose which topics with new posts I want to read.

The "What's New?" feature is something new. There's an issue with it that we still have to fix before we point people to it.

Regarding the navbar and where links show up, etc., we're in the process of reworking all of that.

but I do like to go back to the main forum for the topic I am in
I appreciate this type of feedback.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Update: I like the new "Vehicles" quick-link option!

Though there is one UI issue -- the mouse-over context menu doesn't appear if you're already in one of the Vehicles forums. In other words, if I choose Vehicles->Model 3, then I can't mouse-over Vehicles again to quickly switch to another car forum. The mouse-over is disabled in that case.