Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum Is Too Restrictive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been with this group for about a year, and I fail to see the reason why someone has to make several posts to gain access to just expand a thread of a discussion topic they’re searching for. It makes no sense what so ever. I’m sure other new members would greatly appreciate that when they join they can access posts to answer questions they may have, instead of posing an already posted question. Please consider loosening these restrictions.

It’s pretty common on forums to have some sort of waiting period and/or contribution level before allowing full access.
It keeps the spam/advertising/link building down.
I’ve belonged to two other forums and as soon as I joined I had full privileges. This is the first one I’ve encountered where you have post several comments just to gain access to everything.

It’s not a browser problem. I do a search. I click on a result to read the whole thing but I can’t, just the first2-3 lines of it, and I’m told to post more and I can do more. This seems like a waste of time. Maybe have new guys prove they’re not a bot and provide “something” that proves they’re indeed a real person seeking answers. Do this for the first, say 6 times, then they’ve got full access. Just a thought for the admin. Because now, what’s the point lol.

Reactions: FlatSix911
It’s not a browser problem. I do a search. I click on a result to read the whole thing but I can’t, just the first2-3 lines of it, and I’m told to post more and I can do more. This seems like a waste of time. Maybe have new guys prove they’re not a bot and provide “something” that proves they’re indeed a real person seeking answers. Do this for the first, say 6 times, then they’ve got full access. Just a thought for the admin. Because now, what’s the point lol.
Is this thread just a ploy to get more comments? 🤣