Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum presentation suggestion - critical stickies and shared/forwarded threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a long time forum user (and former moderator) I’m amazed at the level of activity here. I’ve gained a lot of information and a better understanding of the car, to be delivered next week.

I have a suggestion

Due to the tremendous volume of activity, it might not be easy for the average user to stay on top of all issues. I visit the Model 3 Order, Production, and Delivery forum, as well as the main forum for the Model 3, a few the times a day, spending up to five minutes per visit. If I had to guess, I’d say my activity is fairly typical of most users.

The problem is I don’t have the time to read every thread and post in all the forums. There’s a great amount of valuable information in many of the other forums, for example discussions of vehicle glitches, bugs, problems, failures, etc, as well as desperate cries for immediate assistance, that could be missed

Further, there could be an issue that isn’t model specific (discussed in the Model S forums that would be of interest to the Model 3), that could get missed.

Not sure how this would work, but users wishing to discuss DEFCON 1 type issues (my car won’t charge, etc.,) creates a post. Below the text entry field is a radio button “is this a critical issue?”. If selected, the thread is posted to the forum, and a moderator alert is generated. The thread, if deemed appropriate by mods, is moved (with forwarding links in the existing forum) to a special forum “Critical Issues” that appears at the top of every forum. Maybe use a hot tamale icon for the new post indicator. If member only visits the Model Y interiors forum, they will see a critical issue originally posted in the Model 3 orders sub forum.

If this is possible I have a second, related suggestion. Many non critical issues discussed could benefit users of other models, for example supercharger questions. Invariably parallel conversations add to the clutter. If member only visit the forums specific to their model, they might miss valuable information discussed in the parallel forum.

How about a second radio button “is this issue model specific, or might it benefit all Tesla owners?” If no is selected, an alert goes to mods who can share (forward) the thread across all the parallel forums (for example “battery and charging”).

Now member visiting the Model Y can see and interact with the thread in the Model S forum. A mod note can appear indicating it’s a shared thread (lest anyone gets confused seeing people referring to other models in the thread)

Simply put, a lot of duplicate discussions can be eliminated, critical information can be disseminated to all members quickly, and members don’t have to feel anxious that they’re missing vital, or even just helpful, information in the forums that they are not regularly visiting.

Thanks!

Last edited: