Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum split coming - Old & New Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't call it next gen, as there will be a generation after the next gen.
Then we will have to have to run this thread all over again in ten years.... Ugh.

My vote would be a designation by text as mentioned in the thread already:

"First" generation: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x
"Second" generation: 4.x
My only issue with those designations is that the ones you have as First Gen (1.x, 2.x, 3.x) are all Tesla designated. We don't know that this generation is a 4.anything.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Tesla does use that phrase! That said, I do not believe that will be the formal name of the new Roadster. I think they did that in the app to be crystal clear. But I do not believe that the car will be marketed to the public as the “Next Gen Roadster”: no use of that term at Roadster | Tesla for example.

I would simplify it:

Roadster 2008 - 2012
Roadster 2020 -

I think that is easy to understand by almost anyone. The numbers are obviously model years since we are talking about cars.
I like this. The years make it more likely that people will get their posts into the right subforum (though we know there are some that no naming convention can help...).

I would simplify it:

Roadster 2008 - 2012
Roadster 2020 -

I think that is easy to understand by almost anyone. The numbers are obviously model years since we are talking about cars.

This is by far the best way.
It is also consistent with how others in the past have traditionally denoted new models within other makes of cars.
Just use the year period.

Admins are still working on it. I am sure whatever names they use will not make everyone happy.

There are some temporary links in this Roadster forum so people find their posts that got moved to the new 2020 one.

Roadster - Original (2008 - 2012)
Roadster - Next Gen (2020)
So I was considering doing this for the forum titles. Also was deciding between the word 'Original' vs 'Classic'.

I would simplify it:

Roadster 2008 - 2012
Roadster 2020 -
We will be using this nomenclature for the tags as they are shorter. I may even use them for the forum names in the end.

I would appreciate some feedback on the order of our forums regarding the various Models. My preference would be to put the more mass market vehicles first, like this:
  1. Model 3
  2. Model S
  3. Model X
  4. Roadster 2020-
  5. Roadster 2008-2012
Originally I wanted to have the models listed in chronological order, however, having Roadster 2008-2012 at the top doesn't make much sense if we have 10-50X the traffic in other model forums.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I'm not sure where we'll put 'Semi' yet once we add a forum for that.