Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum split coming - Old & New Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to read everything on the old Roadster.

I have decided I am in the market for an old Roadster, not a 2020 Roadster, because:
1) I live 3 miles from work, and thus don't really need 620 miles range;
2) I can go as fast as 55 or even 60 mph, not 250 mph;
3) I don't really want to spend a quarter of a million dollars on a car.

Therefore I am in the market for an old Roadster! Not tonight or this week, but in the next year or two.

Danny, thanks you for putting so much thought into this.

I like both of the the roadsters at the end (as you show), you can also make an alphabetical excuse for having it there. Then this would allow you to anchor the list with Semi.

Semi may become an extremely popular forum and it would be great to have those interested in the Semi join TMC.

What would be really nice (and informative to Tesla newbies) is to have the years listed for all the models. (e.g. Model S 2012-, etc)

I have decided I am in the market for an old Roadster, not a 2020 Roadster, because:

Therefore I am in the market for an old Roadster! Not tonight or this week, but in the next year or two.

The classical Roadster is really a great car. It's the only one we have winter tires for. So we can use ist every day.

I have a feeling they might be starting to increase in price - at least it is difficult here in Europe to find decent ones.

The concern about repair costs are certainly valid. If it is not your only car, then repair solutions can be found - with time.

Great idea and the classic Roadster is plenty fast. One night I took my 2008 to Street Fights at the local drag strip and humbled three Corvettes, a Shelby Mustang and Sport BMW. Great fun and I made it back home with 2/3 battery. If you get one with the 3.0 upgrade both the battery and PEM have a 3 year warranty. Those at the most expensive parts. And maybe I have been lucky but I have not had any problem getting parts. But fortunately I have not needed many of them.

Reactions: DeedWest
My preference would be to put the more mass market vehicles first, like this:
  1. Model 3
  2. Model S
  3. Model X
  4. Roadster 2020-
  5. Roadster 2008-2012
I'm not sure where we'll put 'Semi' yet once we add a forum for that.
Perfect. Semi at the end, and Pickup before Model S unless it sells like a weirdmobile forever in which case it can hang out listed right before its dad Semi.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonnie