Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

forward collision warning inconsistent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holmgang

Sep 9, 2019
eu
My setting is on default of medium

Recently I found it's been a bit more overzealous than previously. But inconsistently so. Whether trailing or coming up to bicyclist or another car, the alarm will go off.

The absolute speed and/or closing speed and/or distance to the forward objects don't seem high enough to trigger the alarm but it does go off. And other times when it should go off, it doesn't.

A bit hit or miss right now. Anyone else observe the same?

conjecture on my part , but since the radar can "look ahead" of the car in front of you maybe it puts some of that into consideration--meaning if there is something ahead of the car in front of you, the system will look to see if that car in front of you is making any changes to this--if that car isn't, the system in the model 3 will instead alert you earlier than normal so you can have extra time to react. my last car had this as some of its nanny features and perhaps that's what's going on here. again just a guess.. im 2 weeks into ownership of the model 3 (FSD).

My setting is on default of medium

Recently I found it's been a bit more overzealous than previously. But inconsistently so. Whether trailing or coming up to bicyclist or another car, the alarm will go off.

The absolute speed and/or closing speed and/or distance to the forward objects don't seem high enough to trigger the alarm but it does go off. And other times when it should go off, it doesn't.

A bit hit or miss right now. Anyone else observe the same?

Which hardware do you have? 2.5? 3?

I have 2.5 and I think that lag can be a major factor. I see that it's displaying a lot less images than it used to months ago.

My car brakes way after a car has made a left turn in front of me.

Which hardware do you have? 2.5? 3?

I have 2.5 and I think that lag can be a major factor. I see that it's displaying a lot less images than it used to months ago.

My car brakes way after a car has made a left turn in front of me.

HW3

the warnings are super loud , which they should be , but when its a false alarm its super annoying