Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forward collision warning or parking assist gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case folks missed it, mine was 100% the clear ppf causing issues when the weather started to turn a bit cold. Cutting out the ppf off the front sensors fixed it and all is good now.
I also had a wrap done, they left space at the ring edge of the sensors but maybe I should ask them to remove the whole circle. My issue with the parking assist disappearing only seems to occur in my driveway and when the lights are on. But also, just noticed this starting back in October…temperatures cool but not cold. Anyway thanks for this post-service did not have a clue. If it works, then I’ll let them know!

Just in case folks missed it, mine was 100% the clear ppf causing issues when the weather started to turn a bit cold. Cutting out the ppf off the front sensors fixed it and all is good now.

Good to hear. I need to get my PPF trimmed since I'm still getting intermittent issues with my sensors working depending on the weather. Did they remove the PPF off the entire sensor and outside ring?

Good to hear. I need to get my PPF trimmed since I'm still getting intermittent issues with my sensors working depending on the weather. Did they remove the PPF off the entire sensor and outside ring?
Honestly, I didn't really watch the guy do it so not sure. I think he removed it off the sensor and outer ring just in case though. Has worked flawlessly since.

Yeah, was really weird. One day it just literally stopped sensing, and it wasn't even that cold out. For whatever reason it seemed to definitely be the clear ppf though.
That weird I have the Xpel matte ppf and have no issues at all with my sensors.

Attachments

• 3EEC8920-EAE8-4A4B-B62F-C67E1C64C3C8.jpeg
    3EEC8920-EAE8-4A4B-B62F-C67E1C64C3C8.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 7CA2C84D-8FDC-4A87-81B4-BADABA118C81.jpeg
    7CA2C84D-8FDC-4A87-81B4-BADABA118C81.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 58B0297D-384D-45D6-8F7A-4714DC7B5DCE.jpeg
    58B0297D-384D-45D6-8F7A-4714DC7B5DCE.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 36