Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forward collision warning or parking assist gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so not a height thing either. Stacked some boxes. I still see cm distances for sides and rears but not directly in front of the car like I used to.

Guess if others still show this it’s time to try a service request.

Reactions: sfRonH
In my garage I don't have any poles but I still use the old fashioned tennis ball on a string, adjusted so that when if touches the windshield, I'm fully in. Been doing it this way for 20+ years.

I do that too, and have the ball string attached to the garage door so it goes up and down opposite the door.

It tells me 2 things, that I'm in all the way (so opening the tailgate won't hit the garage door), and when leaving the ball touching the windshield let's me know the door is fully open.

I have to say, it’s unbelievable that Tesla ships a £60,000 car with no parking aids. I have a 1 week old Y/LR with no USS but also no functioning camera assistance. Using the rear camera does nothing for true distance and is poor in the rain. The front camera isn’t even operational when parking and won’t be able to see much anyway. The latest software has brought nothing either.

Is this what Tesla ownership is like? Get what you’re given when tie given it?

Reactions: hodad66
Just an update on this. Tesla service came out and couldn’t figure out what was wrong. He discussed with … well whomever they discuss thing with. They suggested it could be the clear PPF I had installed which when cold could interfere with the sensors.

I thought “that sounds stupid and like Tesla is shirking this issue”.

Had my detailer cut out the PPF and remove it from the sensors.

Works again.

So I’m eating my words there.

Just an update on this. Tesla service came out and couldn’t figure out what was wrong. He discussed with … well whomever they discuss thing with. They suggested it could be the clear PPF I had installed which when cold could interfere with the sensors.

Works again.

That's a common issue with PPF and installers. It can though be installed w/o issue with USS btw.

Works again.

Your PPF installer installed PPF over the sensors? That’s an amateur move.

Seems to be pretty common. Lots of amateurs out there I guess.

Picked up my MYLR end of 2023. I thought a car which cost 70k OTD will at least have parking sensors, my bad for assuming. And looks like with the new HW4 soon to be released my car which is barely 2 months old has end of life technology called Tesla Vision on it. I read some positive hopefull stuff on this last year and thought that Tesla knew what they were doing and had tested the technology before releasing it. It is what it is i guess. Anyways my garage is small, just enough space for the car to fit. If I back in. I dont have enough room to reach the charging port. Was thinking of just drilling some holes in the front bumper and adding my own after market sensors. Has anybody added aftermarket sensors to their car? If so what brand? Thanks!

My front sensors stopped working all of the sudden earlier this week. Cleaned the sensors but didn't remedy the issue. I did have PPF put on about and month ago and read that some people were seeing this causing the sensors to not work after the film fully cured. It's been bitterly cold all this week and I had planned to contact my PPF installer to discuss. Well, it got back up to about 60 degrees today and now the sensors are back to working normally. Guess they didn't like the cold weather. The auto wiper feature also hasn't worked this week. Wonder if they are working now too? Guess I'll find out at some point. haha

Confused as to why mine seems to have disappeared. Maybe will try to do a service message or whatever in the app if no one else is seeing the same thing.
Mine broke a few months ago right when they began rollout cars without USS. coincidence. They fixed my rear hardware on a service call. Front was also not working at times but that fixed itself magically.

Mine broke a few months ago right when they began rollout cars without USS. coincidence. They fixed my rear hardware on a service call. Front was also not working at times but that fixed itself magically.

Just in case folks missed it, mine was 100% the clear ppf causing issues when the weather started to turn a bit cold. Cutting out the ppf off the front sensors fixed it and all is good now.

Reactions: Blaiwesk