TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Forward Park Assist / Chime Not Working

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Kcharwood, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

My forward park assist is no longer working. When I pull forward slowly, it used to switch to the over top view and give me the halo object view around the car, but now it no longer does.

If I put the car in reverse, I do see the halo around the entire car, but there is no chime if I get close to an object. I see the alerts grow red, and even see STOP, but no audio (the chime speaker is on).

Finally, it seems the side radars are no longer active while driving. I don’t see the signatures as I pass cars, and auto lane change doesn’t work anymore (yes the setting is on).

I’ve tried rebooting the car, but no help.

Anyone else have any ideas?

2. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

Spoke with Tesla today. They confirmed seeing errors in their logs with the sensors.

Scheduled to drop off Wednesday morning.

3. speiererg

speiererg New Member

Did you know what the problem was ? I have exactly the same Problem :S

Thank you

4. OneLife

OneLife New Member

Did either of you ever get an answer? My Model 3 is doing the same thing now.

Thank you

5. Eugr

Eugr Member

I'd try a reboot first and see if it helps (press and hold both thumbwheels on the steering wheel). If it doesn't help, I'd let it go to sleep and see if it solves the issue. At least that's how people solved their problems with sensor suite glitches (missing visualizations, autopilot being unavailable, etc). Just turn off Sentry mode, lock the car and let it go to sleep. You can check on sleep status by using Tesla widget on the iPhone. Just not open the app, it will wake it up. Let it sleep for a few minutes and see if that fixes it. Maybe try another reboot after it too.

6. brandonee916

brandonee916 Member

Tap the little speaker icon once you're in reverse, it'll turn the chime sounds back on

7. OneLife

OneLife New Member

Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple.

8. OneLife

OneLife New Member

Rebooted already but I have not tried the sleep feature. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be giving that a try tonight.