Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forward Park Assist / Chime Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My forward park assist is no longer working. When I pull forward slowly, it used to switch to the over top view and give me the halo object view around the car, but now it no longer does.

If I put the car in reverse, I do see the halo around the entire car, but there is no chime if I get close to an object. I see the alerts grow red, and even see STOP, but no audio (the chime speaker is on).

Finally, it seems the side radars are no longer active while driving. I don’t see the signatures as I pass cars, and auto lane change doesn’t work anymore (yes the setting is on).

I’ve tried rebooting the car, but no help.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I'd try a reboot first and see if it helps (press and hold both thumbwheels on the steering wheel). If it doesn't help, I'd let it go to sleep and see if it solves the issue. At least that's how people solved their problems with sensor suite glitches (missing visualizations, autopilot being unavailable, etc). Just turn off Sentry mode, lock the car and let it go to sleep. You can check on sleep status by using Tesla widget on the iPhone. Just not open the app, it will wake it up. Let it sleep for a few minutes and see if that fixes it. Maybe try another reboot after it too.

I'd try a reboot first and see if it helps (press and hold both thumbwheels on the steering wheel). If it doesn't help, I'd let it go to sleep and see if it solves the issue. At least that's how people solved their problems with sensor suite glitches (missing visualizations, autopilot being unavailable, etc). Just turn off Sentry mode, lock the car and let it go to sleep. You can check on sleep status by using Tesla widget on the iPhone. Just not open the app, it will wake it up. Let it sleep for a few minutes and see if that fixes it. Maybe try another reboot after it too.

Rebooted already but I have not tried the sleep feature. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be giving that a try tonight.

My forward park assist is no longer working. When I pull forward slowly, it used to switch to the over top view and give me the halo object view around the car, but now it no longer does.

If I put the car in reverse, I do see the halo around the entire car, but there is no chime if I get close to an object. I see the alerts grow red, and even see STOP, but no audio (the chime speaker is on).

Finally, it seems the side radars are no longer active while driving. I don’t see the signatures as I pass cars, and auto lane change doesn’t work anymore (yes the setting is on).

I’ve tried rebooting the car, but no help.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Wish you guys come back to post solutions