Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to temper my expectations and remain pessimistic - production is still not back to pre-shutdown rate.

And that is nothing unusual either. You can’t just turn on the spigot.
It will be important to hear that they are hitting 3000 rate on the earnings call. Anything less than 2500 by end of next week will, I think, be negative and reduce belief in 5000 by June.
Thanks for the ongoing updates. Currently favorite thread.

Reactions: immunogold
I couldn't stop to get VIN numbers because I was tailed by a privateSG in a nondescript blue van. He kept his distance, but you can see him in the video at one point.

Someone needs to go in there with infrared tech at 2 am during a new moon to get the highest VINs!! :)

When I got near the end of the lot, one of the 2 people hanging around in the back doing nothing shouted:

"Sir, I'm sorry but you can't take video in here."

BTW, I picked-up my Tesla 90D 54XX loaner (lease return 32K miles) on Tues. 4/24 will have it ~2 weeks but have been too busy to cruise the lot. The loaner has big red "T" logo stickers on front and back windows and is white just like the security X's. If/when get a chance to cruise again, I will have my son shoot video from inside the X on the right, with wife from the left so I don't have to stick my hand out the window attracting attention. Maybe I'll even pickup a TSLA company baseball cap and jacket to blend in: :D

1462062-00-A_0.jpg

100036703_0.jpg

I could also DJI Mavic Pro the secret garden of Model 3's but again have been too damn busy!

Reddy Kilowatt said:
Thanks for sharing this.

Has anyone asked if you stopped and got some vin numbers yet?:p

Btw., was studying the tracking sheet, and looks like all VINs assigned are from VIN batches applied before Apr 5th (up to 205xx), so any VINs since then have not surfaced or even been assigned. I configured on 4/15, and looks like most people who got their VIN from 4/15 configuration or later, have selected either white or silver, so I'm guessing those are least popular colors at the moment and they just had extras ready to be assigned.

Thanks for the pictures! Where exactly are you taking the picture from so others (including myself if I ever pass by) can also take pictures from that spot to get comparisons throughout the day.

Is there a business across from the parking lot where we can potentially set up a webcam etc?

Thanks for the pictures! Where exactly are you taking the picture from so others (including myself if I ever pass by) can also take pictures from that spot to get comparisons throughout the day.

Is there a business across from the parking lot where we can potentially set up a webcam etc?
You can do drive-by on the road. I don't think it's deal for people to swamp other company's private parking lot just to take photos and that might cause the company to get annoyed and start kicking people out. Drone will be the best.

Reactions: RedOctober
You can do drive-by on the road. I don't think it's deal for people to swamp other company's private parking lot just to take photos and that might cause the company to get annoyed and start kicking people out. Drone will be the best.

I was thinking of enlisting a Tesla fan across the street from the factory to allow for a camera. Which road and lot is this? Fremont Blvd, Kato Rd?