Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is for pictures of the lot of Tesla’s. Mostly augkuo and zorg and the rest of us saying thank you. There’s a thread for all topics.

The wait is almost over so long as more and more people get their cars. There won't soon be a need for this thread.

We will soon need to convert this thread to a pictures of -cars-in-driveway

General tip:
If you watch a thread by clicking the "Watch Thread" link in the upper right corner, you will get a notification when someone attaches a file to this thread. If you click on the notification, it will take you directly to the the post with (presumably) lot images. Saves overhead vs coming to this thread whenever there is a new post which may just be text.

(I almost posted an image of the link, but realized that would be counter productive ;))

• Funny
Reactions: dc_h
8340D92A-D679-46CF-9956-0135F5877EF3.jpeg
32DE731D-D391-4DD4-B167-2E066A8F1098.jpeg
227EBAFA-DEE8-422D-B181-F19C294FE3B9.jpeg
5/17/18 around 1:45 pm - 9 carriers loading with one leaving the lot!

Even if we use conservative guesses based on the number of carriers that @augkuo sees, cycling in every 2 hours 24/7, (average of 8.25, so 8 carriers every two hours) we are talking about 96 trucks, with 8 cars per truck (granted, local Dodge's cannot carry that much... but might make more trips?), with conservatively 75% of those model 3s, that is 576 model threes moving per day.

That works out to 4081model 3s per week. That seems a little high, even for an optimist.

But I hope that is at least within 1k of actual number... would be nice.

Edited to reflect average number of trucks for last 4 postings. Previously I was using 9 as average, actual number is 8.25

Even if we use conservative guesses based on the number of carriers that @augkuo sees, cycling in every 2 hours 24/7, (average of 8.25, so 8 carriers every two hours) we are talking about 96 trucks, with 8 cars per truck (granted, local Dodge's cannot carry that much... but might make more trips?), with conservatively 75% of those model 3s, that is 576 model threes moving per day.

That works out to 4081model 3s per week. That seems a little high, even for an optimist.

Edited to reflect average number of trucks for last 4 postings. Previously I was using 9 as average, actual number is 8.25

I came up with 100 trucks per day.....every day that they are making cars.

Maybe they are all on trains going to Canada. That would make it easy.

No matter what.....the Tesla delivery/transportation process has to be a huge job.

Do they load 24/7? Has anyone been by after midnight, for example, and seen them loading car carriers? I know the factory goes 24 hours a day on three shifts, but I’d be curious to know if shipping does the same since that might be tougher for the truck drivers and guys who load the cars to do it at night. There does seem to be plenty of lighting available for nighttime activities, though.

Do we know if they're loading 24/7, somewhere in the back of my head I remember hearing something like 16 hrs (6am -10pm). Anyone want to drive by there at midnight? :D

Edit, mhan00 beat me to the same question. Also I think they can cycle more than once per 2 hours. If it takes 10 min to load a car into a truck, each truck should be able to load in 1.5 hrs. Also IIRC at the peak of Q1 end push there were times when 13 trucks were loading at the same time. I think even with loading 16 hours a day, they can avg maybe 8 trucks/hr * 16 hr * 8 cars = 1000 cars/day, which should be enough for MS/X + M3.

Reactions: RedOctober
Do they load 24/7? Has anyone been by after midnight, for example, and seen them loading car carriers? I know the factory goes 24 hours a day on three shifts, but I’d be curious to know if shipping does the same since that might be tougher for the truck drivers and guys who load the cars to do it at night. There does seem to be plenty of lighting available for nighttime activities, though.

I would love to have a car transport company in Fremont these days. That sounds like easy money for them.

Reactions: 0ptions
I think it does qualify as cruel and unusual punishment if those who configured don't get their cars in Q2. They shouldn't have sent so many invites if they didn't intend to deliver within 6 weeks.

I agree... I was waiting exactly 7 weeks before I even got my VIN. I was pulling out my hair near the end. It'll be 10 weeks probably before I even get the vehicle.

I agree... I was waiting exactly 7 weeks before I even got my VIN. I was pulling out my hair near the end. It'll be 10 weeks probably before I even get the vehicle.
I wonder:

The line for just Dual Motor might be 10K strong. $70K

The line for Dual Motor Performance "all buttons checked" might be 500 long. $80K

The profit margins on Dual Motor Performance "all buttons checked" is going to be tremendous because items such as FSD ( $3k ) is 100% profit right now and simply software later. Tesla loves huge profit margins ( as they should ).

Dual Motor Performance "all buttons checked" ( line waiter or not ) will probably be made first ( and jump all lines ) without really impacting ( because of so few people being able to afford this version ) the Tesla tax benefit......in my estimation. <-------which is one of the main reasons I'm buying this version.

The highest profit margined Model S and X is the P100D.

Makes you wonder.......which Model 3 version would Tesla love to make right now and get rolling out of the door ASAP.