Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's clear that Tesla is running production in different "Burst builds". Their words not mine. I assume they are running in bursts and then making small changes and modifications to the line and then running it again. Lets hope that we see this lot fill up a lot in the next couple days.

1/11/2018 8:43am, some new M3s on the far south side of the lot

IMG_6851.jpg
IMG_6853.jpg
IMG_6854.jpg
IMG_6852.jpg

I have passed several car carriers full of model 3's being transported on Hwy 101 south - past San Jose around 9:30 - 10:00 pm the this week. It seems like they are moving a large quantity.
Maybe instead of the lot being 1/2 to socal, and 1/2 to nocal, it could be now 1/4 to socal, 1/4 to nocal, 1/2 east.

So the ones waiting to be picked up at Fremont would be fewer now, and that's why the lot is less full.

1/15/18 around 8am, looks like some more M3's produced and put on the north side of the lot. One small car carrier (4 only!) is loading for transport. The cars that were on the south side are mostly gone, I suspect that the cars in aisle 25/24 are either waiting for parts or trying to find a new buyer since they've been sitting for awhile now.

IMG_6882.jpg
IMG_6886.jpg
IMG_6884.jpg
IMG_6883.jpg

1/15/18 around 8am, looks like some more M3's produced and put on the north side of the lot. One small car carrier (4 only!) is loading for transport. The cars that were on the south side are mostly gone, I suspect that the cars in aisle 25/24 are either waiting for parts or trying to find a new buyer since they've been sitting for awhile now.

Who knows what the deal is. My car has a 2017 VIN and is being delivered this Thursday at Fremont. I've always figured it was one of these cars sitting in the lot for the last few weeks, but no idea why they contacted me when they did (last Thursday).

From the pictures, it seems like there are maybe a dozen or a couple dozen cars being moved/produced - it's not like a couple hundred cars fill up the lot and then gone the next day. These were taken around 1pm today (1/22/2018) and again not much change from last Thursday. The five cars in aisles 23-25 have been sitting there for a month.
IMG_6940.jpg
IMG_6941.jpg
IMG_6943.jpg
IMG_6944.jpg