Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why they would be storing them there, but LNR Auto Transport (a trucking company) has a major facility in Lathrop, CA. Maybe they found it more efficient for trucking cars on the West Coast to short haul them ot Lathrop and then put them on long haul trucks from there?

Cars in Lathrop:
DJI_0124.MOV_snapshot_00.01_[2018.07.21_17.29.26].jpg

Hate to ask but looking at the photo's were there enough cars there to load the trucks? parking lot is looking pretty empty again.

they did add another slice of car storage overwhere the temp fence was before? So I would assume those are car to be loaded out.

That's 3 weeks into July, seems like a significant issue to me that will reflect on Q3 not in a good way. Is there no urgency in dealing with this? They should have seen all of this in the last week of June...3 weeks later still there? And seriously talking about short squeeze? Talking to myself here.
Tesla is sustaining 4K/week.

Brodie Ferguson on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: Moderatefan
The 5,000 week was just to get Elon some positive press. There is no way they can sustain that rate for a long time. I suspect the Earnings call will be filled with little statements like we achieved a 5,000 unit model 3 production rate but no detail on the cost to do that or what the real production rate is. Bloomberg has it a 2825 per week and the lots still keep filling up. It's been a year now, production should be much higher than that.

Last edited:
That's 3 weeks into July, seems like a significant issue to me that will reflect on Q3 not in a good way. Is there no urgency in dealing with this? They should have seen all of this in the last week of June...3 weeks later still there? And seriously talking about short squeeze? Talking to myself here.

No, they all buggered off home and enjoying vacations in the sun while Elon is 24/7 on Twitter and Chatroulette, red wine and ambien.

Seriously...

• Funny
Reactions: bdy0627
No, they all buggered off home and enjoying vacations in the sun while Elon is 24/7 on Twitter and Chatroulette, red wine and ambien.

Seriously...
Seriously back to you dude... Have you never tried to do something extremely difficult in your lifetime? Yes, getting to 5-6K sustained weekly M3 production is hard. Tesla is clearly struggling and management, including Elon is stressed. But, they are making progress. How is GM doing on the Bolt ramp BTW? Oh, that's right, they either :
1. Suck at ramping production, or
2. do not have demand for Bolt above 350 cars/week, or
3. Loose so much money on each Bolt that they do not want to increase production further.

If you can think of another answer please offer it. If not, stop hating and start supporting. Tesla is making cars that are truly disrupting an entire industry. If you can think of another automaker doing so, please, again, share.

Edit: Actually, my apologies as I think you were being sarcastic. Sarcasm is hard online :)

Hate to ask but looking at the photo's were there enough cars there to load the trucks? parking lot is looking pretty empty again.

they did add another slice of car storage overwhere the temp fence was before? So I would assume those are car to be loaded out.

Since they were planning ~5k/wk they have long term contracts with the transport companies. If they don’t hit the production numbers then the trucks keep coming. The ones in the aisles have their loads organized, the ones parked towards the fence are waiting for their loads (produced and driven from factory to the lot and then to the assigned aisle number).