Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about some context? When, where, why, how?

I'm looking for details but it was near Kansas City last night. Southern Platte Fire Protection District posted the following on Facebook "Pictures just in from I-29 and Cookingham Drive where KCFD and Southern Platte Fire are on the scene of a vehicle transport fire." - Oct 22nd at 8:46pm

The linked story looks to be from June, unless I'm missing something. And the accompanying pictures seem to show a covered carrier that is different from the "exposed" carrier of the pics posted by Trips.

As for the recent pictures, it looks like both the tractor and the Tesla above it burned. Plausibly some damage to the "second" Tesla on top, since it was close to the flames.

Wondering about probability of either (a) front Tesla caught fire, and flames spread down to the big rig, versus (b) tractor caught fire and flames went up.

That story is about a covered trailer...

You're right, sorry about that. I saw a news article earlier this week showing the open car carrier and mistakenly thought it was the same thing. In that news article (the correct one), the tractor of the truck is what started the fire, not one of the Teslas.

Southbound I-29 near KCI reopens after semi truck fire causes shut down

As you can see from the pictures, the tractor is burned and there is no car directly above it.

Pretty sure the remains of a car are above it. The tractor has a spot to store a car on top of it, not some kind of wind deflector, and there's something mangled up there.

So it looks like probably only 2 cars died - the one that was near completely melted down directly over the cab, and the first one just behind it on top, which thankfully it seems the pack didn't ignite but the front up to the wheels got melted, so would be a total loss I'm sure.

Reactions: davedavedave
F53F0151-E51B-452E-ADEF-3F882DCC01BD.jpeg
6B829256-68B5-4816-88C0-31C7567AC041.jpeg
A4648F4F-BDB7-47DD-9B89-EFE731E5EA75.jpeg
08D2D985-DB5A-44AE-B38F-4194DFD57D3C.jpeg
A9D01478-E3BE-4F17-8B1A-E2A7CE1F4BF6.jpeg
5863DDCD-E177-413F-BA2A-7953D0A62D3F.jpeg
10BBCF1C-E436-4158-9FA1-95259B70D9CC.jpeg
50D3D586-7A8D-40DB-AC4E-DCCE6ADBAE0E.jpeg
F46EEAD6-C5CC-423D-91ED-A2055AC1E381.jpeg
10/26/18 around noon - 10 carriers loading

I imagine they wouldn't take the line down for non-USA deliveries unless they were confident there was enough inventory to satisfy all orders for end of year rush. That said, when I passed by on Saturday night the lot seemed really full with a lot of carriers loading. Kato Rd also had a ton of empty trailers parked on the side, guess they really have increased their trucking capacity.

I imagine they wouldn't take the line down for non-USA deliveries unless they were confident there was enough inventory to satisfy all orders for end of year rush. That said, when I passed by on Saturday night the lot seemed really full with a lot of carriers loading. Kato Rd also had a ton of empty trailers parked on the side, guess they really have increased their trucking capacity.

They may not be switching over to non-North America deliveries yet, but may be shutting down lines to make changes now to switch over quickly when they do. It is easier to do it now in the middle of a quarter than at the end.