Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from Today (05/20) from Fremont.
I did see a couple of the refreshed model S, but other than those.... just a sea of 3's and Y's. In comparison to the flyover from the other day, I'd say these are a different set of cars. I think I saw 3-4 of the Model S.
I stopped in to my dealer and chatted with my SA, I was told that these vehicles are still being shipped out to dealers. Not enough room to store them. The containment hold should be a quick fix from what I hear... fingers crossed. I swear my M3 is in here somewhere ;)
tempImageeNI5CG.png
tempImage5J5zj7.png
tempImage96pr4a.png
tempImageS0DYB2.png

Electrek says those cars with the Containment Hold are still being shipped to service centers (presumably with enough parking) and remain on hold until the part can be received and installed by the service dept. The flyover I watched the other day had refreshed S’s on every free spot of land, like 17 year Tesla Cicadas (if you don’t get that joke, congrats on being young, you will this summer)

Reactions: ytfsic and mspohr
When the 747-400 was about a year old the FAA grounded the fleet until a fix could be made to the navigation computer. I went to the Everett plant while they were grounded. Production was going full tilt, but the 747s were parked in every possible spot in the plant and at the a joining airport. It was a surreal sight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is storing cars in other places too. I know they had a transportation hub in the Valley at one time, they may still use it. It had room to store at least a few hundred cars.

I wonder if anyone has flown a drone over the Gigafactory 1 lately? They could stash quite a few cars on their unused land there. On Google maps there is a building about 1/3 the size of the GF to the NW of the GF that is labeled Tesla Warehouse on one end and Thrive Market on the other. The satellite shot (which could be months old) shows a large number of truck trailers pulled up to the Tesla side of the warehouse and another 100-200 trailers in a large lot to the east. All those trailers only take up a small percentage of the lot. A lot of cars could be stored there if need be.

Though where possible it is best to get the cars as close to their final destinations as soon as possible. Though some service centers don't have a lot of room. Portland, OR could not store more than about 10 cars. They are already using some parking lots and a vacant lot near the service center.

When the 747-400 was about a year old the FAA grounded the fleet until a fix could be made to the navigation computer. I went to the Everett plant while they were grounded. Production was going full tilt, but the 747s were parked in every possible spot in the plant and at the a joining airport. It was a surreal sight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is storing cars in other places too. I know they had a transportation hub in the Valley at one time, they may still use it. It had room to store at least a few hundred cars.

I wonder if anyone has flown a drone over the Gigafactory 1 lately? They could stash quite a few cars on their unused land there. On Google maps there is a building about 1/3 the size of the GF to the NW of the GF that is labeled Tesla Warehouse on one end and Thrive Market on the other. The satellite shot (which could be months old) shows a large number of truck trailers pulled up to the Tesla side of the warehouse and another 100-200 trailers in a large lot to the east. All those trailers only take up a small percentage of the lot. A lot of cars could be stored there if need be.

Though where possible it is best to get the cars as close to their final destinations as soon as possible. Though some service centers don't have a lot of room. Portland, OR could not store more than about 10 cars. They are already using some parking lots and a vacant lot near the service center.
Ford has the same problem. They are storing pickups is stadium parking.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy and wdolson
Ford has the same problem. They are storing pickups is stadium parking.

I drove past the local Ford dealer last night and noted the place had about half the vehicles it normally has. Supply chains are going to be running in fits and starts for the next year or so. We slammed the global economy down with no warning a little over a year ago and different industries are coming back at different rates. It highlights how complex the global supply chain has become.