Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found a Magnet under the front of my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am even more baffled now than before. I can’t see any reason for that magnet to be near any car at all.

Traffic light sensors are essentially a big loop of wire that when you apply electricity through create an em field, then when a car drives over the sensor the em field fluctuates, this tells the control system of the traffic light that there is a car at the light. This is so that lights don't cycle when there's no cars waiting. If your motorcycle is not big enough or doesn't have enough metal the em field won't fluctuate enough for the light to trigger and you'll sit there on a red forever.

The magnet helps trigger to fluctuate the em field and therefore tell the light "I'm here, let me through"

tumblr_mv6mdcr4DQ1r15jqko2_400.gif

That magnet looks like a cow magnet. Do you live in a farming community with lots of cows?

These are inserted into cows so they trap ingested nails and stuff, and prevent them from causing damage further down the digestive track. They are very powerful.

All the "cow magnets" (as opposed to chick magnets??) I've ever used were cylidrical and rounded on the ends. Not like this at all. All these magnets are molded. No reason to have them squared off.

Good morning all. Yesterday I found a magnet under my Tesla. It is 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Does anyone have any idea where it could have come from. I know it had to come off my car as it is the only thing that is parked on that side of the garage.
Umm hopefull you told them a model and a year.......talk about wild goose chase.......not even a picture here to help the forum.
Dzm